Work Pensions and Labour Economics study group
September 2021Madrid, Spain
The 2020 World Employment Conference originally planned to take place from September 29 to October 1 in Madrid, Spain has been postponed to September 2021.Padua, Italy
The European Association of Labour Economists are pleased to invite all labour economists to submit papers for presentations at the 33rd Annual Conference of the European Association of Labour Economists, to be held in Padua Italy, 16-18 September 2021.
The annual WPEG conference will take place from Thursday 27th to Friday 28th July 2017 at “The Edge” at the University of Sheffield. Financial support for the 2017 and the 2018 annual conferences will be provided by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). The 2017 plenary address will be given by Professor Thomas Crossley (University of Essex and IFS).
The Programme Committee invites submissions of abstracts from academic, government, and business economists in any field of labour economics and related research areas which are aligned with DWP strategic objectives:
- Run an effective welfare system that enables people to achieve financial independence by providing assistance and guidance into employment;
- Increase saving for, and security in, later life;
- Create a fair and affordable welfare system which improves the life chances of children and adults;
- Deliver outstanding services to our customers and claimants;
- Deliver efficiently: transforming the way we deliver our services to reduce costs and increase efficiency;
- Improving services and reducing costs.
Specific interests include for example: what works to increase employment of people with health conditions and disabilities; in-work progression; recruitment, retraining and retention of older workers; securing adequate retirement incomes; self-employment; migration; social justice and life chances. Analysts in the department are keen to actively engage with emerging economic theory and analysis in these areas.
An electronic copy of the abstract should be submitted by 28th April 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts will be reviewed and then a selection will be invited to submit a full paper based upon the relevance of subject matter to DWP and potential programme fit. It is envisaged that once the abstracts have been reviewed those selected to make full paper submissions will be notified by mid-late May 2017.
Please note that WPEG do not cover travel expenses
Philadelphia, United States