About the Meeting
Going into its 17th year, the Annual Migration Meeting is following a long and successful tradition of bringing together experienced scholars and talented young economists to discuss cutting-edge work on migration.
We welcome submissions dealing with all economic aspects of migration. In particular, we envision the workshop to cover the following themes:
- The economic drivers and impact of refugee migration Integration of immigrants in the host societies
- The impact of migration on labor market outcomes, innovation, policy setting and welfare
- Migration policies and their economic impacts on sending and receiving countries
This year's keynote lecture will be delivered by Prof. Ran Abramitzky (Stanford University).
Researchers interested in participating should submit a paper or an extended abstract by February 1, 2020, using our online application form. Junior researchers should also submit their CV. In the case of multiple authors, please indicate the corresponding author who would be presenting the paper.
Papers/abstracts must include:
- Title of presentation
- Three to five key words and JEL codes
- Presenting author's name, title, organization affiliation, address, telephone, fax number and e-mail address
- Co-authors' names and affiliations
Those invited to present a paper may also be expected to serve as a discussant. Papers should not be published prior to the date of the meeting. Presenters can make their papers available in advance by placing them on the IZA conference website so they can be linked to the preliminary program.
Notifications will be sent by February 15, 2020.
Travel and Accommodation
Those authors who are invited are expected to participate in the entire 2-day meeting. Economy class airfares and 3 nights of lodging for presenting authors and discussants will be covered according to the IZA Reimbursement Guidelines.
Kindly note that tax regulations prohibit IZA from fully reimbursing the travel expenses of conference participants who combine their trip with other destinations or extend their stay beyond the four-day window surrounding the event.
Please be sure before applying that your visa status will allow you to attend the event.