The IZA/FCDO Gender, Growth and Labor Markets in Low-Income Countries Programme (G²LM|LIC) and the Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD) are pleased to announce a joint Conference on Development Economics .The conference will consist of presentations of advanced stage research by senior or junior researchers, and presentations of early stage research by junior researchers.
G²LM|LIC & BREAD Conference on Development Economics
December 2023Nairobi, Kenya
This course addresses the question of why fundamentally equal humans living in different countries enjoy very different standards of living. The aim of this course is to make the very latest research in economics on these issues accessible to anyone who is sufficiently curious about it. It is modeled after the award-winning undergraduate development course at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), and, like its model, it is entirely based on research articles.
The IZA/FCDO Gender, Growth and Labor Markets in Low-Income Countries Programme (G²LM|LIC) and the Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD) are pleased to announce a joint Conference on Development Economics which will take place on Friday, December 15 and Saturday, December 16 in Nairobi, Kenya. The conference will consist of presentations of advanced stage research by senior or junior researchers, and presentations of early stage research by junior researchers.
A special feature of the conference will be the option of mentoring for junior researchers based in Africa, or those with nationality from an African country, in the months before the conference by BREAD fellows and affiliates.
- Senior/junior researchers are invited to submit a full paper.
- Junior researchers (PhD students or max. 5 years past PhD) based at universities/institutions in Africa, or those of African nationality based at any university, are invited to
- opt in for the mentoring part of the conference. In that case, one may submit an extended abstract, research design or PAP instead of a full paper, which would be the starting basis of the mentorship if accepted to the conference.
- opt out of the mentoring part of the conference and submit a full paper.
- Call for BREAD mentors: We invite interested BREAD fellows or affiliates to sign up as a mentor in the G²LM|LIC mentoring portal (https://g2lm-lic.iza.org/g2lmlic-mentoring-programme/). Please sign up before August 3, 2023.
- Accepted juniors will be individually matched with registered BREAD mentors for one-to-one mentoring during the months before the conference. Mentors are expected to join the conference as well (with travel funding available for mentors).