Brynjolfsson, E., McAfee, D. Race against the
Machine: How the Digital Revolution is Accelerating Innovation,
Driving Productivity, and Irreversibly Transforming Employment
and the Economy. Lexington, MA: Digital Frontier Press, 2012. Key reference: 
Frey, C. B., Osborne, M. A. The Future of
Employment: How Susceptible are Jobs to Computerisation? Oxford Martin
School Working Paper, 2013-09-17. Key reference: 
Hardy, Q. "IBM to announce more
powerful Watson via the internet" New York
Times, 2011-11-13. Key reference: 
Rifkin, J. The End of Work: The
Decline of the Global Labor Force and the Dawn of the
Post-Market Era. Kirkwood, NY: Putnam Publishing Group, 1995. Key reference: 
Pecchi, L., Piga, G. (eds). Revisiting Keynes:
Economic Possibilities for our Grandchildren. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2008. Key reference: 
Simon, H. A. The Shape of
Automation (for Men and Management). New York: Harper and Row, 1965. Key reference: 
Mishel, L., Schmitt, J., Shierholz, H. Robots: Assessing
the Job Polarization Explanation of Growing Wage
Inequality Economic Policy
Paper No.295, 2013-01-11. Key reference: 
OECD OECD Employment
Outlook 2012. Paris: OECD, 2012. Key reference: 
Blasi, J. R., Freeman, R. B., Kruse, D. L. The Citizen’s Share:
Putting Ownership Back in Democracy. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2013. Key reference: 
Lowitzsch, J., Hashi, I., Woodward, R. The PEPPER IV
Report: Benchmarking of Employee Participation in Profits and
Enterprise Results in the Member and Candidate Countries of the
European Union. Berlin: Inter-University Centre at the Institute for Eastern
European Studies, Free University of Berlin, 2009. Key reference: 
- Brynjolfsson, E., McAfee, D. Race against the Machine: How the Digital Revolution is Accelerating Innovation, Driving Productivity, and Irreversibly Transforming Employment and the Economy. Lexington, MA: Digital Frontier Press, 2012.
- Bix, A. S. Inventing Ourselves Out of Jobs?: America’s Debate over Technological Unemployment, 1929–1981. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000.
- Cravens, H., Mancall, P. C. Great Depression: People and Perspectives. Santa Barbara, CA: Greenwood Publishing Group, 2009.
- Pomfret, J. D. "Automation called major cause in loss of 40,000 jobs a week" New York Times, 1963-10-04.
- Rockoff, J. D. "Robots vs. anesthesiologists" Wall Street Journal, 2013-10-09.
- Talbot, D. "Tectonic shifts in employment" MIT Technology Review, 2011-12-20.
- Tankersley, J. "Have the robots come for the middle class?" Washington Post, 2013-07-13.