References for Using a point system for selecting immigrants
- DeVoretz, D. J. Immigration Policy: Methods of Economic Assessment IZA Discussion Paper, 2004-07.
- Hawthorne, L. Competing for Skills: Migration Policies and Trends in New Zealand and Australia. Wellington: Department of Labour, 2011.
- Lowell, L. "Immigration as a labour market strategy" In: Niessen, J., Schibel, Y. (eds). Immigration as a Labour Market Strategy: European and North American Perspectives. Brussels/Warsaw: Migration Policy Group, 2005.
Migration Outlook 2013 (2013). Key reference: 
Citizenship and Immigration
Canada Evaluation of the
Federal Skilled Workers Program, 2010-08. Key reference: 
Birrell, R., Hawthorne, L., Richardson, S. Evaluation of the
General Skilled Migration Categories, 2006-03. Key reference: 
Grangier, J., Hodgson, R., McLeod, K. Points of
Difference: Does the Skilled Migrant Category Points System
Predict Wages?. Wellington: Integration of Immigrants Programme, 2012. Key reference: 
Antecol, H., Cobb-Clark, D. A., Trejo, S. J. "Immigration policy
and the skills of immigrants to Australia, Canada, and the
United States" Journal of Human
Resources 38:1 (2003): 192–218. Key reference: 
Winkelmann, R. Immigration: The
New Zealand Experience IZA Discussion
Paper, 1999-10. Key reference: 
Beach, C. M., Green, A. G., Worswick, C. "Impacts of the
point system and immigration policy levers on skill
characteristics of Canadian immigrants" Research in Labor
Economics 27 (2007): 349–401. Key reference: 
Miller, P. W. "Immigration policy
and immigrant quality: The Australian points system" American Economic
Review 89:2 (1999): 192–197. Key reference: 
Borjas, G. J. "Immigration policy,
national origin, and immigrant skills: A comparison of Canada
and the United States" In: Card, D., Freeman, R. (eds). Small Differences
that Matter. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 1993. Key reference: 
Aydemir, A., Skuterud, M. "Explaining the
deteriorating entry earnings of Canada’s immigrant cohorts,
1966–2000" Canadian Journal of
Economics/Revue Canadienne d’Economique 38:2 (2005): 641–672. Key reference: 
Bauer, T. K., Lofstrom, M., Zimmermann, K. "Immigration policy,
assimilation of immigrants and natives’ sentiments towards
immigrants: Evidence from 12 OECD-countries" Swedish Economic
Policy Review 7:2 (2000): 11–53. Key reference: 
- OECD International Migration Outlook 2013 (2013).
- Baker, M., Benjamin, D. "The performance of immigrants in the Canadian labor market" Journal of Labor Economics 12:3 (1994): 369–405.
- Belot, M. V., Hatton, T. J. "Immigrant selection in the OECD" The Scandinavian Journal of Economics 114:4 (2012): 1105–1128.
- Borjas, G. J. "Self-selection and the earnings of immigrants" The American Economic Review 77 (1987): 531–553.
- Chiswick, B. R. "Are immigrants favorably self-selected?" The American Economic Review 89:2 (1999): 181–185.
- Cobb-Clark, D. A. "Do selection criteria make a difference?: Visa category and the labour market status of immigrants to Australia" Economic Record 76:232 (2000): 15–31.
- Constant, A., Zimmermann, K. F. "Immigrant performance and selective immigration policy: A European perspective" National Institute Economic Review 194:1 (2005): 94–105.
- Duleep, H. O., Regets, M. C. "Some evidence on the effect of admission criteria on immigrant assimilation" In: Chiswick, B. (ed). Immigration, Language and Ethnic Issues: Canada and the United States. Washington, DC: American Enterprise Institute, 1992.
- Ferrer, A., Riddell, W. C. "Education, credentials, and immigrant earnings" Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue Canadienne d’Economique 41:1 (2008): 186–216.
- Green, A. G., Green, D. A. "Canadian immigration policy: The effectiveness of the point system and other instruments" Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue Canadienne d’Economique 28:4b (1995): 1006–1041.
- Green, C., Kler, P., Leeves, G. "Immigrant overeducation: Evidence from recent arrivals to Australia" Economics of Education Review 26:4 (2007): 420–432.
- Papademetriou, D., Sumption, M. Rethinking Points Systems and Employer-Selected Immigration. Washington, DC: Migration Policy Institute, 2011.
- Richardson, S., Lester, L. H. A Comparison of Australian and Canadian Immigration Policies and Labour Market Outcomes. Canberra: Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs, 2004.
- Roy, A. D. "Some thoughts on the distribution of earnings" Oxford Economic Papers 3:2 (1951): 135–146.
- Wright, R. E., Maxim, P. S. "Immigration policy and immigrant quality" Journal of Population Economics 6:4 (1993): 337–352.