- Borjas, G. J. "The labor demand curve is downward sloping: Reexamining the impact of immigration on the labor market" Quarterly Journal of Economics 118:4 (2003): 1335–1374.
- Card, D. "Comment: The elusive search for negative wage impacts of immigration" Journal of the European Economic Association 10:1 (2012): 211–215.
- Friedberg, R. M. "You can’t take it with you? Immigrant assimilation and the portability of human capital" Journal of Labor Economics 18:2 (2000): 221–251.
Hunt, J. "The impact of the 1962 repatriates
from Algeria on the French labor market" Industrial and Labor Relations
Review 45:3 (1992): 556–572. Key reference: 
Glitz, A. "The labor market impact of
immigration: A quasi-experiment exploiting immigrant location rules in
Germany" Journal of Labor Economics 30:1 (2012): 175–213. Key reference: 
Friedberg, R. M. "The impact of mass migration on
the Israeli labor market" Quarterly Journal of
Economics 116:4 (2001): 1373–1408. Key reference: 
Carrington, W. J., De
Lima, P. J. F. "The impact of 1970s repatriates
Africa on the Portuguese labor market" Industrial and Labor Relations
Review 49:2 (1996): 330–347. Key reference: 
Maystadt, J. F., Verwimp, P. "Winners and losers among a
refugee-hosting population" Economic Development and Cultural
Change 62:4 (2014): 769–809. Key reference: 
Ceritoglu, E., Gurcihan Yunculer, H. B., Torun, H., Tumen, S. The Impact of Syrian Refugees on
Natives’ Labor Market Outcomes in Turkey: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental
Design. Ankara: Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, 2015. Key reference: 
Card, D. "The impact of the Mariel boatlift
on the Miami labor market" Industrial and Labor Relations
Review 43:2 (1990): 245–257. Key reference: 
Balkan, B., Tumen, S. Immigration and Prices:
Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Syrian Refugees in Turkey. Ankara: Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, 2015. Key reference: 
Cohen-Goldner, S., Paserman, D. M. "The dynamic impact of immigration
on natives’ labor market outcomes: Evidence from Israel" European Economic Review 55:8 (2011): 1027–1045. Key reference: 
Alix-Garcia, J., Saah, D. "The effect of refugee inflows on
host communities: Evidence from Tanzania" World Bank Economic Review 24:1 (2010): 148–170. Key reference: 
Kugler, A., Yuksel, M. Effects of Low-Skilled Immigration
on U.S. Natives: Evidence from Hurricane Mitch IZA Discussion
Paper No.3670, 2008. Key reference: 
Angrist, J. D., Krueger, A. B. "Empirical strategies in labor
economics" In: Ashenfelter, O., Card, D. (eds). Handbook of Labor
Economics. New York: Elsevier, 1999. Key reference: 
- Hunt, J. "The impact of the 1962 repatriates from Algeria on the French labor market" Industrial and Labor Relations Review 45:3 (1992): 556–572.
- Beaman, L. A. "Social networks and the dynamics of labour market outcomes: Evidence from refugees resettled in the U.S." Review of Economic Studies 79:1 (2012): 128–161.
- Constant, A. F., Schüller, S., Zimmermann, K. F. Ethnic Spatial Dispersion and Immigrant Identity IZA Discussion Paper No.7868, 2013.
- Damm, A. P. "Ethnic enclaves and immigrant labor market outcomes: Quasi-experimental evidence" Journal of Labor Economics 27:2 (2009): 285–314.
- Duleep, H. O., Liu, X. How the Demand for Labor May Adapt to the Availability of Labor: A Preliminary Exploration with Historical Data IZA Discussion Paper No.8918, 2015.
- Edin, P. A., Fredriksson, P., Aslund, O. "Ethnic enclaves and the economic success of immigrants: Evidence from a natural experiment" Quarterly Journal of Economics 118:1 (2003): 329–357.
- Friedberg, R. M., Hunt, J. "The impact of immigrants on host country wages, employment and growth" Journal of Economic Perspectives 9:2 (1995): 23–44.
- Gibson, J., McKenzie, D., Stillman, S. "The impacts of international migration on remaining household members: Omnibus results from a migration lottery program" Review of Economics and Statistics 93:4 (2011): 1297–1318.
- Lafortune, J., Lewis, E. J., Tessada, J. People and Machines: A Look at the Evolving Relationship Between Capital and Skill In Manufacturing 1850–1940 Using Immigration Shocks NBER Working Paper No.21435, 2015.