References for Structural or cyclic? Labor markets in recessions
- Bernanke, B. S. Recent developments in the labor market Remarks to the National Association for Business Economics, Washington, DC, 2012-03-26.
- Farber, H. S. "Unemployment in the Great Recession: Did the housing market crisis prevent the unemployed from moving to take jobs?" American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings 102:3 (2012): 520−525.
- Kocherlakota, N. Inside the FOMC Speech delivered Marquette, NI, 2010-08-17.
- Romer, C. D. The continuing unemployment crisis: Causes, cures, and questions for further study Speech delivered at Washington University, 2011.
- Valletta, R., Kuang, K. Is Structural Unemployment on the Rise? FRBSF Economic Letter No.#2010-34, 2010.
Lazear, E. P., Spletzer, J. R. "The US labor market: Status quo or a
new normal?" Annual Proceedings of the Jackson
Hole Federal Reserve Conference, 2012. Key reference: 
Dickens, W. T. Has the Recession Increased the
NAIRU?, 2011. Key reference: 
Sahin, A., Song, J., Topa, G., Violante, G. Measuring Mismatch in the U.S. Labor
Market, 2011. Key reference: 
Mulligan, C. B. The Redistribution Recession. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012. Key reference: 
Daly, M. C., Hobijn, B., Şahin, A., Valletta, R. G. "A search and matching approach to
labor markets: Is the natural rate of unemployment rising?" Journal of Economic
Perspectives 26:3 (2012): 3−26. Key reference: 
Rothstein, J. "Unemployment insurance and job
search in the Great Recession" Brookings Papers on Economic
Activity, 2011. Key reference: 
Rothstein, J. "The labor market four years into the
crisis: Assessing structural explanations" Industrial and Labor Relations
Review 65:3 (2012): 467−500. Key reference: 
Pissarides, C. A. "Unemployment in the Great
Recession" Economica 80 (2013): 385−403. Key reference: 
- Lazear, E. P., Spletzer, J. R. "The US labor market: Status quo or a new normal?" Annual Proceedings of the Jackson Hole Federal Reserve Conference, 2012.