- Fraser, A. The Gypsies. The Peoples of Europe. Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, 1992.
- Hancock, I. Danger! Educated Gypsy: Selected Essays. Hatfield: University of Hertfordshire Press, 2010.
- O’Higgins, N., Ivanov, A. "Education and employment opportunities for the Roma" Comparative Economic Studies 48 (2006): 6–19.
- Milcher, S. "Poverty and the determinants of welfare for Roma and other vulnerable groups in southeastern Europe" Comparative Economic Studies 48 (2006): 20–35.
- Zimmermann, K. F., Kahanec, M., Constant, A. F., DeVoretz, D. J., Gataullina, L., Zaiceva, A. Study on the Social and Labour Market Integration of Ethnic Minorities IZA Research Report, 2008-02.
UNDP/WB/EC (United Nations Development Programme,
World Bank, European Commission) Explore
data. New York: UNDP, 2011. Key reference: 
Kahanec, M., Zimmermann, K. F. (eds). Ethnic Diversity in
European Labor Markets—Challenges and Solutions. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2011. Key reference: 
Kertesi, G., Kezdi, G. "The Roma/non-Roma
test score gap in Hungary" American Economic
Review: Papers and Proceedings 101 (2011): 519–525. Key reference: 
UNDP/FRA (United Nations Development Programme,
European Union Agency for Fundamental
Rights) The Situation of
Roma in 11 EU Member States: Survey Results at a Glance. New York: UNDP, 2012. Key reference: 
OSI (Open Society Institute) No Data—No
Progress: Country Findings. Data Collection in Countries
Participating in the Decade of Roma Inclusion 2005–2015. New York: Open Society Institute, 2010. Key reference: 
O’Higgins, N. "‘It’s not that I’m
a racist, it’s that they are Roma’: Roma discrimination and
returns to education in southeastern Europe" International
Journal of Manpower 31 (2010): 163–187. Key reference: 
Kertesi, G., Kezdi, G. "Roma employment in
Hungary after the post-communist transition" Economics of
Transition 19:3 (2011): 563–610. Key reference: 
Milcher, S., Fischer, M. M. "On labour market
discrimination against Roma in southeast Europe" Papers in Regional
Science 90:4 (2011): 773–788. Key reference: 
Drydakis, N. "Roma women in
Athenian firms: Do they face wage bias?" Ethnic and Racial
Studies 35:12 (2012): 2054–2074. Key reference: 
Kahanec, M., Yuksel, M. "Intergenerational
transfer of human capital under post-war distress: The displaced
and the Roma in the former Yugoslavia" In: Epstein, G. S., Gang, I. N. (eds). Frontiers of
Economics and Globalization: Migration and Culture. Bingley: Emerald Publishing, 2010. Key reference: 
- UNDP/WB/EC (United Nations Development Programme, World Bank, European Commission) Explore data. New York: UNDP, 2011.