References for The minimum wage versus the earned income tax credit for reducing poverty
Congressional Budget Office The Effects of a
Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income, 2014-02. Key reference: 
Stigler, G. J. "The economics of
minimum wage legislation" The American
Economic Review 36:3 (1946): 358–365. Key reference: 
Card, D., Krueger, A. B. Myth and
Measurement: The New Economics of the Minimum Wage. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1995. Key reference: 
Neumark, D., Wascher, W. L. Minimum
Wages. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2008. Key reference: 
Neumark, D., Salas, J. M. I., Wascher, W. L. "Revisiting the
minimum wage-employment debate: Throwing out the baby with the
bathwater?" Industrial and
Labor Relations Review 67:supplement (2014): 608–648. Key reference: 
Dolado, J., Kramarz, F., Machin, S., Manning, A., Margolis, D., Teulings, C., Saint-Paul, G., Keen, M. "The economic
impact of minimum wages in Europe" Economic
Policy 11:23 (1996): 317–372. Key reference: 
Dolton, P., Rosazza
Bondibene, C., Wadsworth, J. "Employment,
inequality and the UK national minimum wage over the medium
term" Oxford Bulletin of
Economics and Statistics 74:1 (2012): 78–106. Key reference: 
Aeberhardt, R., Givord, P., Marbot, C. Spillover Effect
of the Minimum Wage in France: An Unconditional Quantile
Regression Approach. Paris, France: Institut National de la Statistique et des Études
Économiques, 2012. Key reference: 
Dube, A. Minimum Wages and
the Distribution of Family Incomes, 2013-12. Key reference: 
Müller, K. U., Steiner, V. Distributional
Effects of a Minimum Wage in a Welfare State: The Case of
Paper No.617, 2013. Key reference: 
Neumark, D., Wascher, W. "Using the EITC to
help poor families: New evidence and a comparison with the
minimum wage" National Tax
Journal 54:2 (2001): 281–317. Key reference: 
Blundell, R., Brewer, M., Shephard, A. Evaluating the
Labour Market Impact of Working Families’ Tax Credit Using
Difference-in-differences HMRC Working
Papers No.4, 2005. Key reference: 
Hotz, V. J., Scholz, J. K. "The earned income
tax credit" In: Moffitt, R. A. (ed). Means-Tested
Transfer Programs in the United States. Chicago, IL: National Bureau of Economic Research, University of
Chicago, 2003. Key reference: 
- Congressional Budget Office The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and Family Income, 2014-02.
- Abowd, J. M., Kramarz, F., Margolis, D. N., Philippon, T. The Tail of Two Countries: Minimum Wages and Employment in France and the United States IZA Discussion Paper No.203, 2000.
- Bernstein, J., Shierholz, H. "The minimum wage: A crucial labor standard that is well targeted to low- and moderate-income households" Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 33:4 (2014): 1036–1043.
- Blundell, R., Duncan, A., McCrae, J., Meghir, C. "The labour market impact of the working families’ tax credit" Fiscal Studies 21:1 (2000): 75–104.
- Brown, C., Gilroy, C., Kohen, A. "The effect of the minimum wage on employment and unemployment" Journal of Economic Literature 20:2 (1982): 487–528.
- Card, D., Krueger, A. B. "Minimum wages and employment: A case study of the fast-food industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania" The American Economic Review 84:4 (1994): 772–793.
- Congressional Budget Office Response to a Request by Senator Grassley About the Effects of Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage Verses Expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit, 2007-01.
- Congressional Budget Office Estimated Distribution of Major Tax Expenditures, by Income Group, 2013, Including Forgone Income Tax and Payroll Tax Revenues, 2013-05.
- Dube, A., Lester, W. T., Reich, M. "Minimum wage effects across state borders: Estimates using contiguous counties" The Review of Economics and Statistics 92:4 (2010): 945–964.
- Hicks, J. R. The Theory of Wages. London: MacMillan & Co, 1932.
- Hungerford, T. L., Thiess, R. The Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit: History, Purpose, Goals, and Effectiveness Employment Policy Institute Issue Brief No.370, 2013.
- Rothstein, J. "Is the EITC as good as the NIT? Conditional cash transfers and tax incidence" American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 2:1 (2010): 177–208.
- Ryan, J. A. A Living Wage: Its Ethical and Economic Aspects. New York: Macmillan, 1906.
- Sabia, J. "Identifying minimum wage effects in state panels: New evidence from monthly CPS data" Industrial Relations 48:2 (2009): 311–328.
- Sabia, J. "Minimum wages: An antiquated and ineffective antipoverty tool" Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 33:4 (2014): 1028–1036.
- Sabia, J., Burkhauser, R. V. "Minimum wages and poverty: Will a $9.50 federal minimum wage really help the working poor?" Southern Economic Journal 76:3 (2010): 592–623.
- Scarth, W., Tang, L. An Evaluation of the Working Income Tax Benefit SEDAP Research Paper No.220, 2007.
- Tax Policy Center Tax Policy Briefing Book, 2014.
- United States Supreme Court Lochner v. New York, 1906.
- Wenski, T. G., Snyder, L. Letter to the United States Senate, 2014-01.