- Dustmann, C., Glitz, A. "Migration and education" In: Hanushek, E. A., Machin, S., Wößmann, L. (eds). Handbook of the Economics of Education: Volume 4. Amsterdam, Netherlands: Elsevier/North Holland, 2011.
- Hanushek, E., Wößmann, L. "The economics of international differences in educational achievement" In: Hanushek, E. A., Machin, S., Wößmann, L. (eds). Handbook of the Economics of Education: Volume 3. Amsterdam, Netherlands: Elsevier/North Holland, 2010.
OECD Untapped Skills: Realizing the Potential
of Immigrant Students. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2012. Key reference: 
Holmlund, H., Lindahl, M., Plug, E. "The causal effect of parents’ schooling on
children’s schooling: A comparison of estimation methods" Journal of Economic Literature 49:3 (2010): 615–651. Key reference: 
Dustmann, C., Frattini, T., Lanzara, G. "Educational achievement of
second-generation immigrants: An international comparison" Economic Policy 27:69 (2012): 143–185. Key reference: 
Entorf, H., Minoiu, N. "What a difference immigration policy
makes: A comparison of PISA scores in Europe and traditional countries of
immigration" German Economic Review 6:3 (2005): 355–376. Key reference: 
Gang, I. N., Zimmermann, K. F. "Is child like parent? Educational
attainment and ethnic origin" Journal of Human Resources 35:3 (2000): 550–569. Key reference: 
Van Ours, J., Veenman, J. "Age at immigration and educational
attainment of young immigrants" Economics Letters 90:3 (2006): 310–316. Key reference: 
Cobb-Clark, D., Sinning, M., Stillman, S. "Migrant youths’ educational achievement:
The role of institutions" The ANNALS of the American Academy of
Political and Social Sciences 643:1 (2012): 18–45. Key reference: 
Schneeweis, N. "Educational institutions and the
integration of migrants" Journal of Population Economics 24:4 (2011): 1281–1308. Key reference: 
Heckmann, F. "Education and the integration of migrants:
Challenges for European education systems arising from immigration and strategies for the
successful integration of migrant children in European schools and societies" NESSE Analytical Report 1 for EU
Commission DG Education and Culture. Bamberg, Germany: European Forum for Migration Studies, 2008. Key reference: 
Entorf, H., Lauk, M. "Peer effects, social multipliers and
migrants at school: An international comparison" Journal of Ethnic and Migration
Studies 34:4 (2008): 633–654. Key reference: 
Sanbonmatsu, L., Kling, J. R., Duncan, G. J., Brooks-Gunn, J. "Neighborhoods and academic achievement:
Results from the Moving to Opportunity experiment" Journal of Human Resources 41:4 (2006): 649–691. Key reference: 
Lee, J. S., Bowen, N. K. "Parent involvement, cultural capital, and
the achievement gap among elementary school children" American Educational Research
Journal 43:2 (2006): 193–218. Key reference: 
- OECD Untapped Skills: Realizing the Potential of Immigrant Students. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2012.
- Andersson Joona, P., Nekby, L. "Intensive coaching of new immigrants: An evaluation based on random program assignment" The Scandinavian Journal of Economics 114:2 (2012): 575–600.
- Bauer, P. C., Riphahn, R. T. "Institutional determinants of intergenerational education transmission: Comparing alternative mechanisms for natives and immigrants" Labour Economics 25:C (2013): 110–122.
- Bourdieu, P. "The forms of capital" In: Richardson, J. (ed). Handbook of Theory and Research for the Sociology of Education. New York: Greenwood, 1986.
- Brunello, G., Rocco, L., Ariga, K., Iwahashi, R. "On the efficiency costs of de-tracking secondary schools in Europe" Education Economics 20:2 (2012): 117–138.
- Cattaneo, M. A., Wolter, S. C. Migration Policy Can Boost PISA Results: Findings from a Natural Experiment IZA Discussion Paper No.6300, 2012-01.
- Entorf, H., Tatsi, E. Migrants at School: Educational Inequality and Social Interaction in the UK and Germany IZA Discussion Paper No.4175, 2009-05.
- Heckman, J. "Skill formation and the economics of investing in disadvantaged children" Science 312:5782 (2006): 1900–1902.
- Krause, A., Rinne, U., Schüller, S. "Kick it like Özil? Decomposing the native-migrant education gap" International Migration Review 49:3 (2015): 757–789.
- OECD Glossary of Statistical Terms: Reading Literacy. Paris: OECD, 2003.
- OECD Closing the Gap for Immigrant Students: Policies, Practice and Performance. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2010.
- Nekby, L., Rödin, M. "Acculturation identity and employment among second and middle generation immigrants" Journal of Economic Psychology 31:1 (2010): 35–50.
- Sanbonmatsu, L., Ludwig, J., Katz, L. F., Gennetian, L. A., Duncan, G. J., Kessler, R. C., Adam, E., McDade, T. W., Lindau, S. T. Moving to Opportunity for Fair Housing Demonstration Program: Final Impacts Evaluation. Washington, DC: US Department of Housing and Urban Development, 2011.
- Van Ewijk, R. J. G., Sleegers, P. "Peer ethnicity and achievement: A meta-analysis into the compositional effect" School Effectiveness and School Improvement 21:3 (2010): 237–265.