References for Introducing a statutory minimum wage in middle and low income countries
World Bank Doing Business
Database. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2012. Key reference: 
ILO NATLEX. Geneva: ILO, 2013. Key reference: 
Freeman, R. B. "Minimum
Journal of Manpower 15:2/3 (1994): 8–25. Key reference: 
Bhorat, H., Kanbur, R., Mayet, N. "The impact of
sectoral minimum wage laws on employment, wages, and hours of
work in South Africa" IZA Journal of
Labor and Development 2:1 (2013): 1–27. Key reference: 
Boeri, T. Setting the Minimum
Wage IZA Discussion
Paper No. 4335, 2009. Key reference: 
ILO ILO Working Conditions
Laws Database. Geneva: ILO, 2012. Key reference: 
Saget, C. "Fixing minimum wage
levels in developing countries: Common failures and
Labour Review 147:1 (2008): 25–42. Key reference: 
Kristensen, N., Cunningham, W. Do Minimum Wages in
Latin America and the Caribbean Matter? Evidence from 19
Countries World Bank Policy
Research Working Paper No. 3870, 2006. Key reference: 
- World Bank Doing Business Database. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2012.
- Almeida, R., Carneiro, P. Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality IZA Discussion Paper No. 5902, 2011.
- Azam, J-P. "The agricultural minimum wage and wheat production in Morocco (1971–89)" Journal of African Economies 1:2 (1992): 171–191.
- Basu, A. K., Chau, N., Siddique, Z. Tax Evasion, Minimum Wage Non-Compliance and Informality Discussion paper, 2011.
- Bloom, N., Mahajan, A., McKenzie, D., Roberts, J. "Why do firms in developing countries have low productivity?" American Economic Review 100:2 (2010): 619–623.
- Comola, M., de Mello, L. "How does decentralised minimum-wage setting affect unemployment and informality? The case of Indonesia" Review of Income and Wealth 57:5 (2011): S79–S99.
- Devereux, S. "Can minimum wages contribute to poverty reduction in poor countries?" Journal of International Development 17:7 (2005): 899–912.
- Dinkelman, T., Ranchhod, V. Evidence on the Impact of Minimum Wage Laws in an Informal Sector: Domestic Workers in South Africa Discussion paper, 2011.
- Edwards, S., Edwards, A. C. "Economic reforms and labour markets: Policy issues and lessons from Chile" Economic Policy 15:30 (2000): 181–230.
- Gindling, , Newhouse, Self-employment in the developing world Policy Research Working Paper, 2012.
- Gindling, T. H., Terrell, K. "The effect of minimum wages on actual wages in formal and informal sectors in Costa Rica" World Development 33:11 (2005): 1905–1921.
- Gindling, T. H., Terrell, K. "The effects of multiple minimum wages throughout the labor market: The case of Costa Rica" Labour Economics 14:3 (2007): 485–511.
- Green, D. A., Harrison, K. Minimum Wage Setting and Standards of Fairness Working Paper, 2010.
- Infante, R., Marinakis, A., Velasco, J. Minimum Wage in Chile: An Example of the Potential and Limitations of this Policy Instrument International Labour Office Employment Paper, 2003.
- Kaplan, D., Sadka, J. The Plaintiff's Role in Enforcing a Court Ruling: Evidence from a Labor Court in Mexico IDB Publications, 2011.
- Kaplan, D., Sadka, J., Silva-Mendez, J. L. Litigation and Settlement: New Evidence from Labor Courts in Mexico Policy Research Working Paper, 2007.
- Khamis, M. Does the Minimum Wage Have a Higher Impact on the Informal than on the Formal Labor Market? Evidence from Quasi-Experiments Discussion paper, 2008.
- Lemos, S. "Minimum wage effects in a developing country" Labour Economics 16:2 (2009): 224–237.
- Maloney, W. F., Nuñez, J., Cunningham, W., Fiess, N., Montenegro, C., Murrugarra, E., Santamaria, M., Sepulveda, C. Measuring the Impact of Minimum Wages: Evidence from Latin America Policy research working paper, 2001.
- Manning, A. Monopsony in Motion: Imperfect Competition in Labor Markets. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2003.
- Margolis, D., Newhouse, D., Weber, M. Employment changes and the crisis: What happened in data-poor countries? 5th IZA/World Bank Conference, 2010-05.
- Montenegro, C., Pages, C. Who Benefits from Labor Market Regulations? Chile 1960–1998. Cambridge, MA: National Bureau for Economic Research, 2003.
- Omeira, M., Esim, S., Alissa, S. Labor Governance and Economic Reform in the Middle East and North Africa: Lessons from Nordic Countries Working paper, 2008.
- Perry, G. E., Maloney, W. F., Arias, O. S., Fajnzylber, P., Mason, A. D., Saavedra-Chanduvi, J. Informality: Exit and Exclusion. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2007.
- Wicks-Lim, J. Mandated Wage Floors and the Wage Structure: New Estimates of the Ripple Effects of Minimum Wage Laws Working paper, 2006.