- Furtado, D., Trejo, S. "Interethnic marriages and their economic effects" In: Constant, A., Zimmermann, K. F. (eds). International Handbook on the Economics of Migration. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2013.
- Nottmeyer, O. Inter-Ethnic Partnerships: Key Characteristics and What They Reveal about Successful Integration DIW Berlin Weekly Report No.15, 2010.
Gurak, D. T., Fitzpatrick, J. P. "Intermarriage
among Hispanic ethnic groups in New York City" American Journal
of Sociology 87:4 (1982): 921–934. Key reference: 
Kalmijn, M. "Intermarriage and
homogamy: Causes, patterns, trends" Annual Review of
Sociology 24:1 (1998): 395–421. Key reference: 
Chiswick, B. R., Houseworth, C. "Ethnic
intermarriage among immigrants: Human capital and assortative
mating" Review of
Economics of the Household 9:2 (2011): 149–180. Key reference: 
Furtado, D. "Human capital and
interethnic marriage decisions" Economic
Inquiry 50:1 (2012): 82–93. Key reference: 
Duncan, B., Trejo, S. J. "Ethnic
identification, intermarriage, and unmeasured progress by
Mexican Americans" In: Borjas, G. J. (ed). Mexican
Immigration to the United States. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 2007. Key reference: 
Furtado, D., Theodoropoulos, N. "Interethnic
marriage: A choice between ethnic and educational
similarities" Journal of
Population Economics 24:4 (2011): 1257–1279. Key reference: 
Bratter, J., Eschbach, K. "What about the
couple? Interracial marriage and psychological distress" Social Science
Research 35:4 (2006): 1025–1047. Key reference: 
Furtado, D., Theodoropoulos, N. "Why does
intermarriage increase immigrant employment? The role of
networks" B. E. Journal of
Economic Analysis & Policy 10:1 (2010): 1–33. Key reference: 
Meng, X., Gregory, R. G. "Intermarriage and
the economic assimilation of immigrants" Journal of Labor
Economics 23:1 (2005): 135–174. Key reference: 
Kantarevic, J. Interethnic
Marriages and Economic Assimilation of Immigrants IZA Discussion
Paper No.1142, 2004. Key reference: 
Nottmeyer, O. Does Intermarriage
Pay Off? A Panel Data Analysis IZA Discussion
Paper No.5104, 2010. Key reference: 
Nekby, L. Inter- and
Intra-Marriage Premiums Revisited: It’s Probably Who You Are,
Not Who You Marry! IZA Discussion
Paper No.5317, 2010. Key reference: 
Tatsiramos, K., Georgarakos, D. "Immigrant
self-employment: Does intermarriage matter?" Research in Labor
Economics 29:1 (2009): 253–271. Key reference: 
- Gurak, D. T., Fitzpatrick, J. P. "Intermarriage among Hispanic ethnic groups in New York City" American Journal of Sociology 87:4 (1982): 921–934.
- Angrist, J. "How do sex ratios affect marriage and labor markets? Evidence from America’s second generation" The Quarterly Journal of Economics 117:3 (2002): 997–1038.
- Belot, M., Fidrmuc, J. "Anthropometry of love: Height and gender asymmetries in interethnic marriages" Economics and Human Biology 8:3 (2010): 361–372.
- Bisin, A., Topa, G., Verdier, T. "Religious intermarriage and socialization in the United States" Journal of Political Economy 112:3 (2004): 615–664.
- Bratter, J., King, R. "But will it last? Marital instability among interracial and same-race couples" Family Relations 57:2 (2008): 160–171.
- Dribe, M., Lundh, C. "Intermarriage, value context and union dissolution: Sweden 1990–2005" European Journal of Population 28:2 (2012): 139–158.
- Dribe, M., Lundh, C. "Cultural dissimilarity and intermarriage: A longitudinal study of immigrants in Sweden 1990–2005" International Migration Review 45:2 (2011): 297–324.
- Nystedt, P., Dribe, M. "Is there an intermarriage premium for male immigrants? Exogamy and earnings in Sweden 1990–2009" International Migration Review 49:1 (2015): 3–35.
- Duncan, B., Trejo, S. J. "Intermarriage and the intergenerational transmission of ethnic identity and human capital for Mexican Americans" Journal of Labor Economics 29:2 (2011): 195–227.
- Giuntella, O. Intermarriage and the Unhealthy Assimilation of Immigrant Descendants IZA Discussion Paper No.8481, 2014-09.
- Furtado, D., Theodoropoulos, N. "I’ll marry you if you get me a job: Marital assimilation and immigrant employment rates" International Journal of Manpower 30:1–2 (2009): 116–126.
- Kalmijn, M. "Consequences of intermarriage for children’s social integration" Sociological Perspectives 53:2 (2010): 271–286.
- Kalmijn, M., van Tubergen, F. "A comparative perspective on intermarriage: Explaining differences among national-origin groups in the United States" Demography 47:2 (2010): 459–479.
- Kalmijn, M., de Graaf, P. M., Janssen, J. P. G. "Intermarriage and the risk of divorce in the Netherlands: The effects of differences in religion and in nationality, 1974–94" Population Studies: A Journal of Demography 59:1 (2005): 71–85.
- Kalmijn, M. "Assortative mating by cultural and economic occupational status" American Journal of Sociology 100:2 (1994): 422–452.
- Kalmijn, M., Van Tubergen, F. "Ethnic intermarriage in the Netherlands: Confirmations and refutations of accepted insights" European Journal of Population 22:4 (2006): 371–397.
- Lehrer, E. L. "Religious intermarriage in the United States: Determinants and trends" Social Science Research 27:3 (1998): 245–263.
- Lievens, J. "Interethnic marriage: Bringing in the context through multilevel modeling" European Journal of Population 14:2 (1998): 117–155.
- Meng, X., Meurs, D. "Intermarriage, language, and economic assimilation process: A case study of France" International Journal of Manpower 30:1–2 (2009): 127–144.
- Muttarak, R., Heath, A. "Who intermarries in Britain? Explaining ethnic diversity in intermarriage patterns" The British Journal of Sociology 61:2 (2010): 275–305.
- Irastorza, N., Bevelander, P. Economic Integration of Intermarried Labour Migrants, Refugees and Family Migrants to Sweden: Premium or Selection? IZA Discussion Paper No.8065, 2014-03.
- Nottmeyer, O. Wedding Bells are Ringing: Increasing Rates of Intermarriage in Germany. Washington, DC: Migration Policy Institute, 2009.
- Nottmeyer, O. "Relative labor supply in intermarriage" IZA Journal of Migration 3:3 (2014).
- Qian, Z., Lichter, D. T. "Social boundaries and marital assimilation: Interpreting trends in racial and ethnic intermarriage" American Sociological Review 72:1 (2007): 68–94.
- van Ours, J. C., Veenman, J. "How interethnic marriages affect the educational attainment of children: Evidence from a natural experiment" Labour Economics 17:1 (2010): 111–117.
- Van Zantvliet, P. I., Kalmijn, M. "Friendship networks and interethnic union formation: An analysis of immigrant children" Journal of Social and Personal Relationships 30:7 (2013): 953–973.