- Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S., Telegdy, Á. Where Does Privatization Work? Understanding the Heterogeneity in Estimated Effects on Firm Performance Working Paper, 2014.
- Estrin, S., Hanousek, J., Kocenda, E., Svejnar, J. "The effects of privatization and ownership in transition economies" Journal of Economic Literature 47 (2009): 699–728.
Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S., Telegdy, Á. "Employment and wage
effects of privatisation: Evidence from Hungary, Romania,
Russia, and Ukraine" Economic
Journal 120 (2010): 683–708. Key reference: 
Boycko, M., Shleifer, A., Vishny, R. W. "A theory of
Journal 106:435 (1996): 306–319. Key reference: 
Aghion, P., Blanchard, O. "On privatization
methods in eastern Europe and their implications" Economics of
Transition 6:1 (1998): 87–99. Key reference: 
Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S., Telegdy, Á. "The productivity
effects of privatization: longitudinal estimates from Hungary,
Romania, Russia, and Ukraine" Journal of
Political Economy 114:1 (2006): 61–99. Key reference: 
Megginson, W. L., Netter, J. M. "From state to
market: A survey of empirical studies on privatization" Journal of Economic
Literature 39:2 (2001): 321–389. Key reference: 
Djankov, S., Murrell, P. "Enterprise
restructuring in transition: A quantitative survey" Journal of Economic
Literature 40 (2002): 739–792. Key reference: 
Haskel, J., Szymanski, S. "Privatization,
liberalization, wages and employment: Theory and evidence for
the UK" Economica 60:238 (1993): 161–182. Key reference: 
Bhaskar, V., Khan, M. "Privatization and
employment: A study of the jute industry in Bangladesh" American Economic
Review 85:1 (1995): 267–273. Key reference: 
La Porta, R., Lopez-de-Silanes, F. "The benefits of
privatization: Evidence from Mexico" Quarterly Journal
of Economics 114:4 (1999): 1193–1242. Key reference: 
Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S. "Gross job flows in
Russian industry before and after reforms: Has destruction
become more creative?" Journal of
Comparative Economics 30:1 (2002): 96–133. Key reference: 
Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S. "The reallocation of
workers and jobs in Russian industry: New evidence on measures
and determinants" Economics of
Transition 11:2 (2003): 221–252. Key reference: 
Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S., Vakhitov, V. "Wages, layoffs, and
privatization: Evidence from Ukraine" Journal of
Comparative Economics 34:1 (2006): 272–294. Key reference: 
Lehmann, H., Muravyev, A., Razzolini, T., Zaiceva, A. "The wage and
non-wage costs of displacement in boom times: Evidence from
Russia" Journal of
Comparative Economics 41 (2013): 1184–1201. Key reference: 
- Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S., Telegdy, Á. "Employment and wage effects of privatisation: Evidence from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine" Economic Journal 120 (2010): 683–708.
- Aghion, P., Blanchard, O., Burgess, R. "The behaviour of firms in Eastern Europe, pre-privatization" European Economic Review 38:6 (1994): 1327–1349.
- Arellano, M. "Computing robust standard errors for within-groups estimators" Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 49:4 (1987): 431–434.
- Birdsall, N., Nellis, J. "Winners and losers: Assessing the distributional impact of privatization" World Development 31:1 (2003): 1617–1633.
- Boubakri, N., Cosset, J. "The financial and operating performance of newly privatized firms: Evidence from developing countries" Journal of Finance 53:3 (1998): 1081–1110.
- Boycko, M., Shleifer, A., Vishny, R. W. Privatizing Russia. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1995.
- Card, D. "The effect of unions on the structure of wages: A longitudinal analysis" Econometrica 64:4 (1996): 957–979.
- Chong, A., Lopez-de-Silanes, F. Privatization and Labor Force Restructuring Around the World World Bank Policy Research Working Paper No.2884, 2002.
- Claessens, S., Djankov, S. "Privatization benefits in Eastern Europe" Journal of Public Economics 83:3 (2002): 307–324.
- Druk-Gal, B., Yaari, V. "Incumbent employees’ resistance to implementing privatization policy" Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 59 (2006): 374–405.
- D’Souza, J., Megginson, W. L. "The financial and operating performance of privatized firms during the 1990s" Journal of Finance 54:4 (1999): 1397–1438.
- Dunlop, J. T. Wage Determination under Trade Unions. New York: MacMillan, 1944.
- Earle, J. S., Frydman, R., Rapaczynski, A., Turkewitz, J. Small Privatization: The Transformation of Retail Trade and Consumer Services in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland. Budapest: CEU Press, 1994.
- Earle, J. S., Sabirianova, K. Z. "How late to pay? Understanding wage arrears in Russia" Journal of Labor Economics 20:3 (2002): 661–707.
- Earle, J. S., Telegdy, Á. "Privatization methods and productivity effects in Romanian industrial enterprises" Journal of Comparative Economics 30:4 (2002): 657–682.
- Earle, J. S., Telegdy, Á. "Privatization, employment and wages: Evidence from Hungary in comparative perspective" In: Fazekas, K., Benczúr, P., Telegdy, A. (eds). The Hungarian Labour Market 2013. Budapest: Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences & National Employment Non-profit Public Company Ltd, 2013.
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Transition Report. London: EBRD, 2000.
- Fernandez, S., Smith, C. R. "Looking for evidence in public employee opposition to privatization: An empirical study with implications for practice" Review of Public Personnel Administration 26 (2006): 356–381.
- Freeman, R. B. "Longitudinal analyses of the effect of trade unions" Journal of Labor Economics 2:1 (1984): 1–26.
- Frydman, R., Gray, C. W., Hessel, M., Rapaczynski, A. "When does privatization work? The impact of private ownership on corporate performance in the transition economies" Quarterly Journal of Economics 114:4 (1999): 1153–1192.
- Frydman, R., Rapaczynski, A., Earle, J. S. The Privatization Process in Central Europe. London: CEU Press, 1993.
- Frydman, R., Rapaczynski, A., Earle, J. S. The Privatization Process in Russia, Ukraine, and the Baltic States. London: CEU Press, 1993.
- Gokhale, J., Groshen, E. L., Neumark, D. "Do hostile takeovers reduce extramarginal wage payments?" Review of Economics and Statistics 77:3 (1995): 470–485.
- Heckman, J., Hotz, J. V. "Choosing among alternative nonexperimental methods for estimating the impact of social programs: The case of manpower training" Journal of the American Statistical Association 84:408 (1989): 862–874.
- Heckman, J. J., LaLonde, R. J., Smith, J. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs" In: Ashenfelter, O., Card, D. (eds). Handbook of Labor Economics, Volume 3A. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1999.
- Kay, J. A., Thompson, D. J. "Privatisation: A policy in search of a rationale" The Economic Journal 96 (1986): 18–32.
- Kikeri, S. Privatization and Labor: What Happens to Workers When Governments Divest World Bank Technical Paper No.396, 1998.
- Lizal, L., Svejnar, J. Privatization Revisited: The Effects of Foreign and Domestic Owners on Corporate Performance CERGE-EI Discussion Paper No.2002–89, 2002.
- López-de-Silanes, F., Chong, A. The Truth about Privatization in Latin America Yale ICF Working Paper No.03–29, 2003-10.
- López-de-Silanes, F., Shleifer, A., Vishny, R. W. "Privatization in the United States" RAND Journal of Economics 28:3 (1997): 447–471.
- Megginson, W. L. The Financial Economics of Privatization. New York: Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Megginson, W. L., Nash, R. C., van Randenborgh, M. "The financial and operating performance of newly privatized firms: An international empirical analysis" Journal of Finance 49:2 (1994): 403–452.
- Melly, B., Puhani, P. A. "Do public ownership and lack of competition matter for wages and employment? Evidence from personnel records of a privatized firm" Journal of the European Economic Association 11:4 (2013): 918–944.
- Nelson, A., Cooper, C. L., Jackson, P. R. "Uncertainty amidst change: The impact of privatization on employee job satisfaction and well-being" Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology 68 (1995): 54–71.
- Rożnowski, B., Juchnowicz, A., Marczuk, M. "Job-related employee attitudes in the prospect of a company’s privatization" Journal of Mental Changes 9:1–2 (2003): 123–168.
- Shleifer, A., Summers, L. H. "Breach of trust in hostile takeovers" In: Auerback, A. (ed). Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1988.
- Vickers, J., Yarrow, G. "Economic perspectives on privatization" Journal of Economic Perspectives 5:2 (1991): 111–132.
- World Bank From Plan to Market: World Development Report 1996. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1996.