References for Immigrants in the classroom and effects on native children
- Friesen, J., Krauth, B. "Ethnic enclaves in the classroom" Labour Economics 18:5 (2011): 656–663.
- Sweetman, A., van Ours, J. C. "Immigration: What about the children and grandchildren?" In: Chiswick, B. R., Miller, P. W. (eds). Handbook of the Economics of International Migration. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2015.
OECD Untapped Skills:
Realising the Potential of Immigrant Students. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2012. Key reference: 
Hunt, J. The Impact of
Immigration on the Educational Attainment of Natives IZA Discussion
Paper No.6904, 2012. Key reference: 
Geay, C., McNally, S., Telhaj, S. "Non-native
speakers of English in the classroom: What are the effects on
pupil performance?" The Economic
Journal 123:570 (2013): F281–F307. Key reference: 
Ohinata, A., van
Ours, J. C. "How immigrant
children affect the academic achievement of native Dutch
children" The Economic
Journal 123:570 (2013): F308–F331. Key reference: 
Hardoy, I., Schøne, P. "Does the
clustering of immigrant peers affect the school performance of
natives?" Journal of Human
Capital 7:1 (2013): 1–25. Key reference: 
Ballatore, R. M., Fort, M., Ichino, A. The Tower of Babel
in the Classroom: Immigrants and Natives in Italian
Schools IZA Discussion
Paper No.8732, 2014. Key reference: 
Jensen, P., Rasmussen, A. W. "The effect of
immigrant concentration in schools on native and immigrant
children’s reading and math skills" Economics of
Education Review 30:6 (2011): 1503–1515. Key reference: 
Gould, E. D., Lavy, V., Paserman, D. M. "Does immigration
affect the long-term educational outcomes of natives?
Quasi-experimental evidence" The Economic
Journal 119:540 (2009): 1243–1269. Key reference: 
Brunello, G., Rocco, L. "The effect of
immigration on the school performance of natives: Cross country
evidence using PISA test scores" Economics of
Education Review 32:C (2013): 234–246. Key reference: 
Entorf, H., Lauk, M. "Peer effects,
social multipliers and migrants at school: An international
comparison" Journal of Ethnic
and Migration Studies 34:4 (2008): 633–654. Key reference: 
Cascio, E. U., Lewis, E. G. "Cracks in the
melting pot: Immigration, school choice, and segregation" American Economic
Journal: Economic Policy 4:3 (2012): 91–117. Key reference: 
Rangvid, B. S. "School choice,
universal vouchers and native flight from local schools" European
Sociological Review 26:3 (2010): 319–335. Key reference: 
Ohinata, A., van
Ours, J. C. Spillover Effects
of Studying with Immigrant Students: A Quantile Regression
Approach IZA Discussion
Paper No.7720, 2013. Key reference: 
- OECD Untapped Skills: Realising the Potential of Immigrant Students. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2012.
- Borjas, G. J. Do Foreign Students Crowd Out Native Students from Graduate Programs? NBER Working Paper No.10349, 2004.
- Chin, A., Daysal, N. M., Imberman, S. A. "Impact of bilingual education programs on limited English proficient students and their peers: Regression discontinuity evidence from Texas" Journal of Public Economics 107 (2013): 63–78.
- Gerdes, C. "Does immigration induce ‘native flight’ from public schools?" The Annals of Regional Science 50:2 (2013): 645–666.
- Hoxby, C. Peer Effects in the Classroom: Learning from Gender and Race Variation NBER Working Paper No.7867, 2000.
- Lavy, V., Silva, O., Weinhardt, F. "The good, the bad, and the average: Evidence on ability peer effects in schools" Journal of Labor Economics 30:2 (2012): 367–414.
- Orrenius, P. M., Zavodny, M. "Does immigration affect whether US natives major in science and engineering?" Journal of Labor Economics 33:S1 (2015): S79–S108.
- Schneeweis, N. Immigrant Concentration in Schools: Consequences for Native and Migrant Students IZA Discussion Paper No.7230, 2013.