- Bureau of Economic Analysis, US Department of Commerce Measuring the Economy: A Primer on GDP and the National Income and Product Accounts, 2015-12.
- Landefeld, J., Seskin, E. P., Fraumeni, B. M. "Taking the pulse of the economy: Measuring GDP" Journal of Economic Perspectives 22:2 (2008): 193–216.
- Lequiller, F., Blades, D. Understanding National Accounts. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2014.
Bennett, D. "Do disasters
stimulate economic growth" New York
Times (2008-07-08). Key reference: 
Bureau of Economic Analysis "GDP: One of the
great inventions of the 20th century" Survey of Current
Business (2000-01). Key reference: 
European Communities, International Monetary Fund,
OECD, United Nations, and World Bank System of National
Accounts. New York: United Nations, 2009. Key reference: 
UN Statistics Division Historic Versions
of the System of National Accounts. Key reference: 
Stiglitz, J. E., Sen, A., Fitoussi, J. -P. Report by the
Commission on the Measurement of Economic Performance and Social
Progress, 2009. Key reference: 
UN Development Program Human Development
Report 2015 Work for Human Development. New York: United Nations, 2015. Key reference: 
Helliwell, J., Layard, R., Sachs, J. World Happiness
Report 2016, Update (Vol. I). New York: Sustainable Development Solutions Network, 2016. Key reference: 
Coyle, D. GDP: A Brief but
Affectionate History. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2014. Key reference: 
OECD OECD Better Life
Index. Key reference: 
GNH Center Bhutan Gross National
Happiness in Action, Four Pillars and Nine Domains. Key reference: 
Piketty, T. Capital in the
21st Century. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press, 2014. Key reference: 
The World Bank Measuring
Poverty. Key reference: 
- Bennett, D. "Do disasters stimulate economic growth" New York Times (2008-07-08).
- Anand, P. Happiness Explained. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Bridgman, B. "Accounting for household production in the national accounts: An update, 1965–2014" Survey of Current Business, 2016-02.
- Fraumeni, B. M., Christian, M. S., Samuels, J. D. "Accumulation of human and nonhuman capital, revisited" Review of Income and Wealth (Forthcoming).
- International Association for Research in Income and Wealth 2015 IARIW-OECD Conference: “W(h)ither the SNA?”, 2015-04-16.
- Landefeld, J. S., Fraumeni, B. M., Vojtech, C. M. "Accounting for nonmarket household production: A prototype satellite account using the American Time Use Survey" Review of Income and Wealth 55:2 (2009): 205–225.
- Abraham, K. G. (ed). Beyond the Market, Designing Nonmarket Accounts for the United States. Washington, DC: National Research Council of the National Academies, Committee on National Statistics, The National Academies Press, 2005.
- United Nations Development Program Human Development Report 2014 Sustaining Human Progress: Reducing Vulnerabilities and Building Resilience. New York: United Nations Development Program, 2014.
- United Nations Department of Economic & Social Affairs Statistics Division Guide to Producing Statistics on Time Use: Measuring Paid and Unpaid Work. New York: United Nations, 2005.
- United Nations, European Communities, International Monetary Fund, OECD, and World Bank Handbook of National Accounting: Integrated Environmental and Economic Accounting. New York: United Nations, 2013.
- United Nations Statistics Division Towards the 2008 SNA—Information on the Process of Updating the 1993 SNA. New York: United Nations.