- Agunias, D. R. Remittances and Development: Trends, Impacts and Policy Options—A Review of the Literature. Washington, DC: Migration Policy Institute, 2006.
- Ratha, D., Mohapatra, S., Scheja, E. Impact of Migration on Economic and Social Development: A Review of Evidence and Emerging Issues Development Prospects Group, World Bank Migration and Remittances Unit & Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Network, Policy Research Working Paper No.5558, 2011.
Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "Migration,
remittances, and male and female employment patterns" American Economic
Review 96:2 (2006): 222–226. Key reference: 
Yang, D. "International
migration, remittances, and household investment: Evidence from
Philippine migrants’ exchange rate shocks" The Economic
Journal 118 (2008): 591–630. Key reference: 
Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "Workers’
remittances and the real exchange rate: A paradox of
Development 32:8 (2004): 1407–1417. Key reference: 
Choi, H., Yang, D. "Are remittances
insurance? Evidence from rainfall shocks in the
Philippines" World Bank Economic
Review 21:2 (2007): 219–248. Key reference: 
Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "Accounting for
remittance and migration effects on children’s schooling" World
Development 38:12 (2010): 1747–1759. Key reference: 
Aggrawal, R., Demirguc-Kunt, A., Martinez
Peria, M. S. Do Remittances
Promote Financial Development? World Bank
Policy Research Working
Paper No.3957, 2006. Key reference: 
Bugamelli, M., Paterno, F. Workers’
Remittances and Current Account Reversals Bank of Italy
Paper No.573, 2006. Key reference: 
Chami, R., Fullenkamp, C., Jahjah, S. Are Immigrant
Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development? International
Monetary Fund Working
Paper No.WP/03/189, 2003. Key reference: 
Stark, O., Taylor, J. E., Yitzhaki, S. "Remittances and
inequality" The Economic
Journal 96:383 (1986): 722–740. Key reference: 
Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "Remittance income
volatility and labor supply in Mexico" Southern Economic
Journal 72:2 (2012): 257–276. Key reference: 
Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "Remittance income
uncertainty and asset accumulation" IZA Journal of
Labor & Development 3:3 (2014). Key reference: 
Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Mazzolari, F. "Remittances to
Latin America from migrants in the United States: Assessing the
impact of amnesty programs" Journal of
Development Economics 91:2 (2010): 323–335. Key reference: 
Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Puttitanun, T. "Remittances and
immigration enforcement" IZA Journal of
Migration 3:6 (2014). Key reference: 
- Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "Migration, remittances, and male and female employment patterns" American Economic Review 96:2 (2006): 222–226.
- Adams, R. H. "International remittances and the household: Analysis and review of global evidence" Journal of African Economies 15 (2006): 396–425.
- Adams, R. H., Page, J. "Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?" World Development 33 (2005): 1645–1669.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Bansak, C. "Money transfers among banked and unbanked Mexican immigrants" Southern Economic Journal 73 (2006): 374-401.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "Remittance receipt and business ownership in the Dominican Republic" The World Economy 29:7 (2006): 939–956.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "New evidence on the role of remittances on healthcare expenditures by Mexican households" Review of Economics of the Household 9 (2011): 69–98.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Pozo, S. "Remittances and income smoothing" American Economic Review 101:3 (2011): 1–8.
- Ashraf, N., Aycinena, D., Martinez, C., Yang, D. "Savings in transnational households: A field experiment among migrants from El Salvador" Review of Economics and Statistics 97:2 (2015): 332–351.
- Cox-Edwards, A., Rodríguez Oreggia, E. "Remittance and labor force participation in Mexico: An analysis using propensity score matching" World Development 37 (2009): 1004–1014.
- Funkhouser, E. "Migration from Nicaragua: Some recent evidence" World Development 20:8 (1992): 1209–1218.
- Gibson, J., McKenzie, D., Stillman, S. "The impacts of international migration on remaining household members: Omnibus results from a migration lottery program" The Review of Economics and Statistics 93:4 (2011): 1297–1318.
- Hanson, G. H. "Emigration, remittances, and labor force participation in Mexico" Integration and Trade Journal 27 (2007): 73–103.
- Kanaiaupuni, S. M., Donato, K. M. "Migradollars and mortality: The effects of migration on infant survival in Mexico" Demography 36:3 (1999): 339–353.
- Keely, C. B., Tran, B. N. "Remittances from labor migration: Evaluations, performance and implications" International Migration Review 23:3 (1989): 500–525.
- World Bank Migration and Remittances: Recent Development and Outlook World Bank Migration and Development Brief No.22, 2014.
- Woodruff, C., Zenteno, R. "Migration networks and microenterprises in Mexico" Journal of Development Economics 82 (2007): 509–528.
- Yang, D. "Coping with disaster: The impact of hurricanes on international financial flows, 1970–2001" B. E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy (Advances) 8:1 (2008).