References for Gender diversity in teams
- Croson, R., Gneezy, U. "Gender differences in preferences" Journal of Economic Literature 47:2 (2009): 1–27.
- Eckel, C., Grossman, P. J. "Differences in the economic decisions of men and women: Experimental evidence" In: Plott, C. R., Smith, V. L. (eds). Handbook of Experimental Economics Results. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2008.
- Graves, L. M., Powell, G. N. "Sex, sex similarity and sex diversity effects in teams: The importance of situational factors" In: Bilimoria, D., Piderit, S. K. (eds). Handbook on Women in Business and Management. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2007.
Catalyst Quick Take:
Statistical Overview of Women in the Workplace. New York: Catalyst, 2014-03-03. Key reference: 
Nelson, D. J., Brammer, C. N. National Analysis
of Minorities in Science and Engineering Faculties at Research
Universities. Norman, OK: The University of Oklahoma, 2010. Key reference: 
Croson, R., Gneezy, U. "Gender differences
in preferences" Journal of Economic
Literature 47:2 (2009): 1–27. Key reference: 
Adams, R. B., Ferreira, D. "Moderation in
groups: Evidence from betting on ice break-ups in Alaska" Review of Economic
Studies 77:3 (2009): 882–913. Key reference: 
Apesteguia, J., Azmat, G., Iriberri, N. The Impact of
Gender Composition on Team Performance and Decision-Making:
Evidence from the Field. Barcelona: Pompeu Fabra University, 2010-07. Key reference: 
Ahern, K., Dittmar, A. "The changing of the
boards: The impact on firm valuation of mandated female board
representation" Quarterly Journal
of Economics 127:1 (2012): 137–197. Key reference: 
Apesteguia, J., Azmat, G., Iriberri, N. "The impact of
gender composition on team performance and decision-making:
Evidence from the field" Management
Science 58:1 (2012): 78–93. Key reference: 
Hoogendoorn, S., Oosterbeek, H., van
Praag, M. "The impact of
gender diversity on the performance of business teams: Evidence
from a field experiment" Management
Science 59:7 (2013): 1514–1528. Key reference: 
Altonji, J. G., Blank, R. M., Ashenfelter, O. C., Card, D. "Race and gender in
the labor market" Handbook of Labor
Economics. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1999. Key reference: 
Dufwenberg, M., Muren, A. "Gender composition
in teams" Journal of Economic
Behavior and Organization 61:1 (2006): 50–54. Key reference: 
Matsa, D. A., Miller, A. R. "A female style in
corporate leadership? Evidence from quotas" American Economic
Journal: Applied Economics 5:3 (2013): 136–169. Key reference: 
Bagues, M. F., Esteve-Volart, B. "Can gender parity
break the glass ceiling? Evidence from a repeated randomized
experiment" Review of Economic
Studies 77:4 (2010): 1301–1328. Key reference: 
- Catalyst Quick Take: Statistical Overview of Women in the Workplace. New York: Catalyst, 2014-03-03.
- Adams, R. B., Ferreira, D. "Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance" Journal of Financial Economics 94:2 (2009): 291–309.
- Adams, R. B., Funk, P. "Beyond the glass ceiling: Does gender matter?" Management Science 58:2 (2012): 219–235.
- Adams, R. B., Licht, A. N., Sagiv, L. "Shareholders and stakeholders: How do directors decide?" Strategic Management Journal 32:12 (2011): 1331–1355.
- Catalyst 2012 Catalyst Census: Fortune 500 Women Board Directors. New York: Catalyst, 2012.
- Chattopadhyay, R., Duflo, E. "Women as policy makers: Evidence from a randomized experiment" Econometrica 72:5 (2004): 1409–1443.
- Gneezy, U., Niederle, M., Rustichini, A. "Performance in competitive environments: Gender differences" Quarterly Journal of Economics 118:3 (2003): 1049–1074.
- Goldin, C., Katz, L. F., Kuziemko, I. "The homecoming of American college women: The reversal of the college gender gap" Journal of Economic Perspectives 20:4 (2006): 133–156.
- Hamermesh, D., Biddle, J. E. "Beauty and the labor market" American Economic Review 84:5 (1994): 1174–1194.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union Women in national parliaments: Situation as of 31 January 2012. Geneva: IPU, 2012.
- Ivanova-Stenzel, R., Kuebler, D. "Gender differences in team work and team competition" Journal of Economic Psychology 32:5 (2011): 797–808.
- Niederle, M., Vesterlund, L. "Do women shy away from competition? Do men compete too much?" Quarterly Journal of Economics 122:3 (2007): 1067–1101.
- Pande, R., Ford, D. Gender Quotas and Female Leadership: A Review Background Paper for the 2013 World Development Report, 2012.
- US Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics Digest of education statistics.
- Williams, W. M., Ceci, S. J. "When scientists choose motherhood" American Scientist, 2012-04.