Jayachandran, S. "The roots of
gender inequality in developing countries" Annual Review of
Economics 7 (2015): 63–88. Key reference: 
Ñopo, H., Daza, N., Ramos, J. "Gender earning
gaps around the world: A study of 64 countries" International
Journal of Manpower 33:5 (2012): 464–513. Key reference: 
Islam, A. M., Amin, M. "Women managers and
the gender-based gap in access to education: Evidence from
firm-level data in developing countries" Feminist
Economics 22:3 (2016): 127–153. Key reference: 
Flabbi, L., Piras, C., Abrahams, S. Female Corporate
Leadership in Latin America and the Caribbean Region:
Representation and Firm-level Outcomes IADB Working
Paper, 2015. Key reference: 
Flabbi, L., Macis, M., Moro, A., Schivardi, F. Do Female
Executives Make a Difference? The Impact of Female Leadership on
Gender Gaps and Firm Performance CEPR
Paper No.DP10228, 2014. Key reference: 
Sekkat, K., Szafarz, A., Tojerow, I. Women at the Top
in Developing Countries: Evidence from Firm-Level Data IZA Discussion
Paper No.9537, 2015. Key reference: 
Kunze, A., Miller, A. Women Helping
Women? Evidence from Private Sector Data on Workplace
Hierarchies NBER Working
Paper No.20761, 2014. Key reference: 
Fortin, N. "Gender role
attitudes and women’s labour market outcomes across OECD
countries" Oxford Review of
Economic Policy 21:3 (2005): 416–438. Key reference: 
World Bank Group Women, Business
and the Law 2016: Getting to Equal. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2015. Key reference: 
Campos, F., Goldstein, M. P., Mcgorman, L., Munoz
Boudet, A. M., Pimhidzai, O. Breaking the Metal
Ceiling: Female Entrepreneurs Who Succeed in Male-Dominated
Sectors World Bank
Policy Research Working
Paper No.7503, 2015. Key reference: 
Chattopadhyay, R., Duflo, E. "Women as policy
makers: Evidence from a nationwide randomized experiment in
India" Econometrica 72:5 (2004): 1409–1443. Key reference: 
Beaman, L., Duflo, E., Pande, R., Topalova, P. "Female leadership
raises aspirations and educational attainment for girls: A
policy experiment in India" Science 335:6068 (2012): 582–586. Key reference: 
Bertrand, M., Black, S., Jensen, S., Lleras-Muney, A. Breaking the Glass
Ceiling? The Effect of Board Quotas on Female Labor Market
Outcomes in Norway NBER Working
Paper No.20256, 2014. Key reference: 
- Jayachandran, S. "The roots of gender inequality in developing countries" Annual Review of Economics 7 (2015): 63–88.
- Addison, J. T., Ozturk, O., Wang, S. "The role of gender in promotion and pay over a career" Journal of Human Capital 8:3 (2014): 280–317.
- Ahern, K. R., Dittmar, A. K. "The changing of the boards: The impact on firm valuation of mandated female board representation" The Quarterly Journal of Economics 127:1 (2012): 137–197.
- Albanesi, S., Olivetti, C. "Home production, market production and the gender wage gap: Incentives and expectations" Review of Economic Dynamics 12:1 (2009): 80–107.
- Blau, F. D., Kahn, L. M. The Gender Wage Gap: Extent, Trends, and Explanations NBER Working Paper No.21913, 2016.
- Doepke, M., Tertlit, M., Voena, A. "The economics and politics of women’s rights" The Annual Review of Economics 4 (2012): 339–372.
- Gagliarducci, S., Paserman, M. D. "The effect of female leadership on establishment and employee outcomes: Evidence from linked employer–employee data" In: Polachek, S., Tatsiramos, K., Zimmermann, K. F. (eds). Gender Convergence in the Labor Market (Research in Labor Economics, Volume 41). Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing, 2015.
- Gneezy, U., Leonard, K. L., List, J. A. "Gender differences in competition: Evidence from a matrilineal and a patriarchal society" Econometrica 77:5 (2009): 1637–1664.
- Gneezy, U., Niederle, M., Rustichini, A. "Performance in competitive environments: Gender differences" Quarterly Review of Economics 118:3 (2003): 1049–1074.
- Goldin, C., Katz, L. F., Kuziemko, I. "The homecoming of American college women: The reversal of the college gender gap" Journal of Economic Perspectives 20:4 (2006): 133–156.
- Greig, F. "Propensity to negotiate and career advancement: Evidence from an investment bank that women are on a ‘slow elevator’" Negotiation Journal 24:4 (2008): 495–508.
- Hallward-Driemeier, M., Hasan, T. Empowering Women: Legal Rights and Economic Opportunities in Africa. Washington, DC: World Bank Publications, 2012.
- Hellerstein, J. K., Neumark, D. "Using matched employer-employee data to study labor market discrimination" In: Rodgers, W. (ed). Handbook on the Economics of Discrimination. Cheltenham: Edgar Elgar Publishing, 2006.
- ILO Women in Business and Management: Gaining Momentum. Geneva: ILO, 2015.
- Mammen, K., Paxson, C. "Women’s work and economic development" The Journal of Economic Perspectives 14:4 (2000): 141–164.
- Matsa, D. A., Miller, A. R. Chipping Away at the Glass Ceiling: Gender Spillovers in Corporate Leadership RAND Working Paper No.WR-842, 2011.
- Rose, C. "Does female board representation influence firm performance? The Danish evidence" Corporate Governance: An International Review 15:2 (2007): 404–413.
- Zhang, J., Han, J., Liu, P., Zhao, Y. "Trends in the gender earnings differential in urban China" Industrial & Labor Relations Review 61:2 (2008): 224–243.