References for Fixed-term contracts
- Boeri, T., Garibaldi, P. "Two tier reforms of employment protection: A honeymoon effect?" The Economic Journal 117:521 (2007): 357–385.
- D’Addio, A. C., Rosholm, M. "Exits from temporary jobs in Europe: A competing risks analysis" Labour Economics 12:4 (2005): 449–468.
- Boeri, T. "Institutional reforms and dualism in European labor markets" In: Ashenfelter, O., Card, D. (eds). Handbook of Labor Economics. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1999.
Cahuc, P., Postel-Vinay, F. "Temporary jobs,
employment protection and labor market performance" Labour
Economics 9 (2002): 63–91. Key reference: 
Blanchard, O., Landier, A. "The perverse
effects of partial labour market reform: Fixed-term contracts in
France" The Economic
Journal 112 (2002): 214–244. Key reference: 
Gagliarducci, S. "The dynamics of
repeated temporary jobs" Labour
Economics 12 (2005): 429–448. Key reference: 
Berton, F., Devicienti, F., Pacelli, L. "Are temporary jobs
a port of entry into permanent employment? Evidence from matched
employer-employee data" International
Journal of Manpower 32:8 (2011): 879–899. Key reference: 
Amuedo-Dorantes, C. "Work transitions
into and out of involuntary employment in a segmented market:
Evidence from Spain" Industrial Labor
Relations Review 53:2 (2000): 309–325. Key reference: 
Centeno, M., Novo, A. A. Excess Worker
Turnover and Fixed-term Contracts: Causal Evidence in a Two-tier
System Bank of
Portugal Working Paper, 2012. Key reference: 
Boockmann, B., Hagen, T. "Fixed-term
contracts as sorting mechanisms: Evidence from job durations in
West Germany" Labour
Economics 15 (2008): 984–1005. Key reference: 
De Graaf-Zijl, M., van den
Berg, G. J., Heyma, A. "Stepping stones for
the unemployed: The effect of temporary jobs on the duration
until (regular) work" Journal of
Population Economics 24:1 (2011): 107–139. Key reference: 
Booth, A. L., Francesconi, M., Frank, J. "Temporary jobs:
Stepping stones or dead ends?" The Economic
Journal 112 (2002): 189–213. Key reference: 
Gash, V. "Bridge or trap?
Temporary workers’ transition to unemployment and to the
standard employment contract" European
Sociological Review 24:5 (2008): 651–668. Key reference: 
- Cahuc, P., Postel-Vinay, F. "Temporary jobs, employment protection and labor market performance" Labour Economics 9 (2002): 63–91.
- Baranowska, A., Gebel, M., Kotowska, I. E. "The role of fixed-term contracts at labour market entry in Poland: Stepping stones, screening devices, traps or search subsidies?" Work, Employment and Society 25:4 (2011): 777–793.
- Cappellari, L., Dell’Aringa, C., Leonardi, M. "Temporary employment, job flows and productivity: A tale of two reforms" The Economic Journal 122 (2012): 188–205.
- Cockx, B., Picchio, M. "Are short-lived jobs stepping stones to long-lasting jobs?" Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 74:5 (2012): 646–675.
- Dolado, J. J., Garcia-Serrano, C., Jimeno, J. F. "Drawing lessons from the boom of temporary jobs in Spain" The Economic Journal 112 (2002): 270–295.
- Giesecke, J., Groß, M. "Temporary employment: Chance or risk?" European Sociological Review 19:2 (2003): 161–177.
- Guell, M. The Effects of Fixed-term Contracts on the Duration Distribution of Unemployment: The Spanish Case Working Papers, 2000.
- Guell, M., Petrolongo, B. "How binding are legal limits? Transitions from temporary to permanent work in Spain" Labour Economics 14 (2007): 153–183.
- Hagen, T. Do Fixed-Term Contracts Increase the Long-Term Employment Opportunities of the Unemployed? ZEW Discussion Paper, 2003.
- Ichino, A., Mealli, F., Nannicini, T. "From temporary help to permanent employment: What can we learn from matching estimators and their sensitivity?" Journal of Applied Econometrics 23 (2008): 305–327.
- Larsson, L., Lindqvist, L., Nordström Skans, O. Stepping-stones or Dead-ends? An Analysis of Swedish Replacement Contracts IFAU Working Paper, 2005.
- McGinnity, F., Mertens, A., Gundert, S. "A bad start? Fixed-term contracts and the transition from education to work in West Germany" European Sociological Review 21:4 (2005): 359–374.
- Picchio, M. "Temporary contracts and transitions to stable jobs in Italy" LABOUR 22:1 (2008): 147–174.
- Polavieja, J. "Flexibility or polarization? Temporary employment and job tasks in Spain" Socio-Economic Review 3:2 (2005): 233–258.
- Scherer, S. "Stepping-stones or traps? The consequences of labour market entry positions on future careers in West Germany, Great Britain and Italy" Work, Employment and Society 18:2 (2004): 369–394.
- Varejão, J., Portugal, P. "Matching workers to jobs in the fast lane: The operation of fixed-term jobs" In: Gomez Salvador, R., Lamo, A., Petrolongo, B. (eds). Labour Supply and Incentives to Work in Europe. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2005.