Miller, A. R. "The effects of
motherhood timing on career path" Journal of
Population Economics 24:3 (2011): 1071–1100. Key reference: 
Hotz, V. J., McElroy, S. W., Sanders, S. G. "Teenage
childbearing and its life cycle consequences: Exploiting a
natural experiment" Journal of Human
Resources 40:3 (2005): 683–715. Key reference: 
Bratti, M., Cavalli, L. "Delayed first
birth and new mothers’ labor market outcomes: Evidence from
biological fertility shocks" European Journal
of Population 30:1 (2014): 35–63. Key reference: 
Karimi, A. Effects of the
Timing of Births on Women’s Earnings: Evidence from a Natural
Experiment Institute for
the Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy (IFAU)
Working Paper No.17, 2014. Key reference: 
Wilde, E. T., Batchelder, L., Ellwood, D. T. The Mommy Track
Divides: The Impact of Childbearing on Wages of Women of
Differing Skill Levels National
Bureau of Economic Research Working
Paper No.16582, 2010. Key reference: 
Troske, K. R., Voicu, A. "The effect of the
timing and spacing of births on the level of labor market
involvement of married women" Empirical
Economics 45:1 (2013): 483–521. Key reference: 
Cigno, A., Ermisch, J. "A microeconomic
analysis of the timing of births" European Economic
Review 33:4 (1989): 737–760. Key reference: 
Gustafsson, S. "Optimal age at
motherhood: Theoretical and empirical considerations on
postponement of maternity in Europe" Journal of
Population Economics 14:2 (2001): 225–247. Key reference: 
Billari, F. C., Kohler, H. P., Andersson, G., Lundström, H. "Approaching the
limit: Long-term trends in late and very late fertility" Population and
Development Review 33:1 (2007): 149–170. Key reference: 
Heckman, J. J., Hotz, V. J., Walker, J. "New evidence on
the timing and spacing of births" American Economic
Review 75:2 (1985): 179–184. Key reference: 
Heckman, J. J., Walker, J. "The third birth in
Sweden" Journal of
Population Economics 3:4 (1990): 235–275. Key reference: 
Bratti, M., Tatsiramos, K. "The effect of
delaying motherhood on the second childbirth in Europe" Journal of
Population Economics 25:1 (2012): 291–321. Key reference: 
Herr, J. L. Measuring the
Effect of the Timing of First Birth. Berkeley, CA: University of California at Berkeley, 2012. Key reference: 
- Miller, A. R. "The effects of motherhood timing on career path" Journal of Population Economics 24:3 (2011): 1071–1100.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, C., Kimmel, J. "The motherhood wage gap for women in the United States: The importance of college and fertility delay" Review of Economics of the Household 3:1 (2005): 17–48.
- Blackburn, M. L., Bloom, D. E., Neumark, D. "Fertility timing, wages, and human capital" Journal of Population Economics 6:1 (1993): 1–30.
- Chandler, T. D., Yoshinori, K., Werbel, J. D. "Do delays in marriage and childbirth affect earnings?" Social Science Quarterly 75:4 (1994): 838–853.
- Del Bono, E., Pronzato, C. Does Breastfeeding Support at Work Help Mothers and Employers at the Same Time? IZA Discussion Paper No.6619, 2012.
- Fitzenberger, B., Sommerfeld, K., Steffes, S. "Causal effects on employment after first birth: A dynamic treatment approach" Labour Economics 25:C (2013): 49–62.
- Happel, S. K., Hill, J. K., Low, S. A. "An economic analysis of the timing of childbirth" Population Studies 38:2 (1984): 299–311.
- Heywood, J. S., Siebert, W. S., Wei, X. "The implicit wage costs of family friendly work practices" Oxford Economic Papers 59:2 (2007): 275–300.
- Hofferth, S. L. "Long-term economic consequences for women of delayed childbearing and reduced family size" Demography 21:2 (1984): 141–155.
- Kohler, H., Billari, F. C., Ortega, J. A. "The emergence of lowest-low fertility in Europe during the 1990s" Population and Development Review 28:4 (2002): 641–680.
- Loughran, D. S., Zissimopoulos, J. M. "Why wait? The effect of marriage and childbearing on the wages of men and women" Journal of Human Resources 44:2 (2009): 326–349.
- Lutz, W., Skirbekk, V. "Policies addressing the tempo effect in low-fertility countries" Population and Development Review 31:4 (2005): 699–720.
- Rege, M., Solli, I. "The impact of paternity leave on fathers’ future earnings" Demography 50:6 (2013): 2255–2277.
- Rindfuss, R., Guilkey, D., Morgan, S., Kravdal, Ø., Guzzo, K. "Child care availability and first birth timing in Norway" Demography 44:2 (2007): 345–372.
- Ruhm, C. J. "The economic consequences of parental leave mandates: Lessons from Europe" The Quarterly Journal of Economics 113:1 (1998): 285–317.
- Taniguchi, H. "The timing of childbearing and women’s wages" Journal of Marriage and the Family 61:4 (1999): 1008–1019.