References for Female poverty and intrahousehold inequality in transition economies
- Chiappori, P. -A., Meghir, C. "Intrahousehold inequality" In: Atkinson, A. B., Bourguignon, F. (eds). Handbook of Income Distribution Volume 2. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2015.
- Ponthieux, S., Meurs, D. "Gender inequality" In: Atkinson, A. B., Bourguignon, F. (eds). Handbook of Income Distribution Volume 2. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2015.
Mangiavacchi, L., Perali, F., Piccoli, L. Intrahousehold
Distribution in Migrant-sending Families ECINEQ Working
Paper No.Series No. 344, 2014. Key reference: 
Browning, M., Chiappori, P. -A., Weiss, Y. Economics of the
Family. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2014. Key reference: 
Findlay, J., Wright, R. E. "Gender, poverty,
and the intrahousehold distribution of resources" Review of Income
& Wealth 42:3 (1996): 335–351. Key reference: 
Bourguignon, F., Chiappori, P. -A. "Collective models
of household behavior: An introduction" European Economic
Review 36:2–3 (1992): 355–364. Key reference: 
Cherchye, L., De
Rock, B., Vermeulen, F. "Opening the black
box of intrahousehold decision making: Theory and nonparametric
empirical tests of general collective consumption models" Journal of
Political Economy 117:6 (2009): 1074–1104. Key reference: 
Giannelli, G. C., Mangiavacchi, L., Piccoli, L. "GDP and the value
of family caretaking: How much does Europe care?" Applied
Economics 44:16 (2012): 2111–2131. Key reference: 
Lacroix, G., Radtchenko, N. "The changing
intra-household resources allocation in Russia" Journal of
Population Economics 24:1 (2011): 85–106. Key reference: 
Giannelli, G. C., Mangiavacchi, L., Piccoli, L. "Do parents drink
their children's welfare? Intra-household allocation of time
between market labour, domestic work and child care in
Russia" IZA Journal of
Labor & Development 2:1 (2013): 1–23. Key reference: 
Mendola, M., Carletto, C. "Migration and
gender differences in the home labour market: Evidence from
Economics 19:6 (2012): 870–880. Key reference: 
Giannelli, G. C., Mangiavacchi, L. "Children's
schooling and parental migration: Empirical evidence on the
‘left-behind’ generation in Albania" LABOUR: Review of
Labour Economics and Industrial Relations 24:S1 (2010): 76–92. Key reference: 
Kalugina, E., Radtchenko, N., Sofer, C. "How do spouses
share their full income? Identification of the sharing rule
using self-reported income" Review of Income
and Wealth 55:2 (2009): 360–391. Key reference: 
Browning, M., Chiappori, P. -A., Lewbel, A. "Estimating
consumption economies of scale, adult equivalence scales, and
household bargaining power" Review of Economic
Studies 80:4 (2013): 1267–1303. Key reference: 
- Mangiavacchi, L., Perali, F., Piccoli, L. Intrahousehold Distribution in Migrant-sending Families ECINEQ Working Paper No.Series No. 344, 2014.
- Bárcena-Martín, E., Moro-Egido, A. I. "Gender and poverty risk in Europe" Feminist Economics 19:2 (2013): 69–99.
- Bhattacharya, J., Gathmann, C., Miller, G. "The Gorbachev anti-alcohol campaign and Russia's mortality crisis" American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 5:2 (2013): 232–260.
- Brady, D., Kall, D. "Nearly universal, but somewhat distinct: The feminization of poverty in affluent Western democracies, 1969–2000" Social Science Research 37:3 (2009): 976–1007.
- Brainerd, E., Cutler, D. M. "Autopsy on an empire: Understanding mortality in Russia and the former Soviet Union" The Journal of Economic Perspectives 19:1 (2005): 107–130.
- Caiumi, A., Perali, F. "Who bears the full costs of children?" Empirical Economics 49:1 (2015): 33–64.
- Chant, S. "Re-thinking the ‘feminization of poverty’ in relation to aggregate gender indices" Journal of human development 7:2 (2006): 201–220.
- Chiappori, P. -A. "Rational household labor supply" Econometrica: Journal of the Econometric Society 56:1 (1988): 63–90.
- Chiappori, P. -A. "Collective labor supply and welfare" Journal of Political Economy 100:3 (1992): 437–467.
- Francavilla, F., Giannelli, G. C., Mangiavacchi, L., Piccoli, L. "Unpaid family work in Europe: Gender and country differences" In: Bettio, F., Plantenga, J., Smith, M. (eds). Gender and European Labour Market. New York: Routledge, 2013.
- Gornick, J. C. "Women's economic outcomes, gender inequality and public policy: Findings from the Luxembourg Income Study" Socio-Economic Review 2:2 (2004): 213–238.
- Kalugina, E., Sofer, C., Radtchenko, N. "Intra-household inequality in transitional Russia" Review of Economics of the Household 7:4 (2009): 447–471.
- Menon, M., Perali, F., Piccoli, L. "The passive drinking effect: A collective demand application" Review of Economics of the Household (Forthcoming).
- Pressman, S. "Explaining the gender poverty gap in developed and transitional economies" Journal of Economic Issues 36:1 (2002): 17–40.
- Radchenko, N. "Welfare sharing within households: Identification from subjective well-being data and the collective model of labor supply" Journal of Family and Economic Issues 37:2 (2016): 1–18.
- Teplova, T. "Welfare state transformation, childcare, and women's work in Russia" Social Politics: International Studies in Gender, State & Society 14:3 (2007): 284–322.
- Treisman, D. "Death and prices" Economics of transition 18:2 (2010): 281–331.
- Wiepking, P., Maas, I. "Gender differences in poverty: A cross-national study" European Sociological Review 21:3 (2005): 187–200.