References for Entrepreneurship for the poor in developing countries
- Bauchet, J., Marshall, C., Starita, L., Thomas, J., Yalouris, A. Latest Findings from Randomized Evaluations of Microfinance. Washington, DC: Consultative Group to Assist the Poor/World Bank, 2011.
- Karlan, D., Valdivia, C. "Teaching entrepreneurship: Impact of business training on microfinance clients and institutions" Review of Economics and Statistics 93:2 (2011): 510–527.
Gindling, T. H., Newhouse, D. L. "Self-employment in
the developing world" World
Development 56 (2014): 313–331. Key reference: 
Cho, Y., Honorati, M. "Entrepreneurship
programs in developing countries: A meta-regression
Economics 28:C (2014): 110–130. Key reference: 
Fafchamps, M., Woodruff, C. Identifying
Gazelles: Expert Panels vs. Survey as a Means to Identify Firms
with Rapid Growth Potential. London: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 2015. Key reference: 
Cho, Y., Robalino, D., Watson, S. Supporting
Self-Employment and Small-Scale Entrepreneurship World Bank
Policy Note No.92629, 2014. Key reference: 
McKenzie, D., Woodruff, C. What Are We
Learning from Business Training and Entrepreneurship Evaluations
around the Developing World? World Bank
Policy Research Working
Paper No.6202, 2013. Key reference: 
Karlan, D., Knight, R., Udry, C. Hoping to Win,
Expected to Lose: Theory and Lessons on Micro Enterprise
Development. New Haven, CT: Yale University, 2012. Key reference: 
Drexler, A., Fischer, G., Schoar, A. "Keeping it simple:
Financial literacy and rules of thumb" American Economic
Journal: Applied Economics 6:2 (2014): 1–31. Key reference: 
Grimm, M., Paffhausen, A. "Do interventions
targeted at micro-entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized firms
create jobs? A systematic review of the evidence for low and
middle income countries" Labour
Economics 32 (2015): 67–85. Key reference: 
Macours, K., Premand, P., Vakis, R. Transfers,
Diversification and Household Risk Strategies: Experimental
Evidence with Lessons for Climate Change Adaptation World Bank
Policy Research Working
Paper No.6053, 2012. Key reference: 
Cho, Y., Kalomba, D., Mobarak, A. M., Orozco, V. Gender Differences
in the Effects of Vocational Training: Constraints on Women and
Drop-out Behavior IZA Discussion
Paper No.7408, 2013. Key reference: 
De Mel, S., McKenzie, D., Woodruff, C. "Who are the
microenterprise owners: Evidence from Sri Lanka on Tokman v. de
Soto" In: Lerner, J., Schoar, A. (eds). International
Differences in Entrepreneurship. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010. Key reference: 
- Gindling, T. H., Newhouse, D. L. "Self-employment in the developing world" World Development 56 (2014): 313–331.
- Bloom, N., Van Reenen, J. "Measuring and explaining management practices across firms and countries" Quarterly Journal of Economics 122:4 (2007): 1341–1408.
- Grimm, M., Knorringa, P., Lay, J. "Constrained gazelles: High potentials in West Africa’s informal economy" World Development 40:7 (2012): 1352–1368.
- Schoar, A. "The divide between subsistence and transformational entrepreneurship" In: Lerner, J., Schoar, A. (eds). International Differences in Entrepreneurship. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010.