- Amengual, M. Politicized Enforcement in Argentina: Labor and Environmental Regulation. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Freeman, R. "Labor regulations, unions, and social protection in developing countries: Market distortions or efficient institutions?" Handbook of Development Economics. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2010.
Kanbur, R., Ronconi, L. "Enforcement
matters: The effective regulation of labour" International
Labour Review 157:3 (2018): 331−356. Key reference: 
Botero, J., Djankov, S., La Porta, R., López de Silanes, F., Shleifer, A. "The regulation of
labor" Quarterly Journal
of Economics 119:4 (2004): 1339–1382. Key reference: 
Amengual, M. "Pathways to
enforcement: Labor inspectors leveraging linkages with society
in Argentina" Industrial and
Labor Relations Review 67:1 (2014): 3–33. Key reference: 
Ronconi, L. "Enforcement and
compliance with labor regulations in Argentina" Industrial and
Labor Relations Review 64:4 (2010): 719–736. Key reference: 
Pires, R. "Promoting
sustainable compliance: Styles of labour inspection and
compliance outcomes in Brazil" International
Labour Review 147:2–3 (2008): 199–229. Key reference: 
Almeida, R., Carneiro, P. "Enforcement of
labor regulation and informality" American Economic
Journal: Applied Economics 4:3 (2012): 64–89. Key reference: 
Almeida, R., Poole, J. "Trade and labor
reallocation with heterogeneous enforcement of labor
regulations" Journal of
Development Economics 126 (2017): 154–166. Key reference: 
Gimpelson, V., Kapelyushnikov, R., Lukyanova, A. "Employment
protection legislation in Russia: Regional enforcement and labor
market outcomes" Comparative
Economic Studies 52:4 (2010): 611–636. Key reference: 
Gindling, T., Mossaad, N., Trejos, J. "The consequences
of increased enforcement of legal minimum wages in a developing
country: An evaluation of the impact of the Campaña Nacional de
Salarios Minimos in Costa Rica" ILR Review 68:3 (2015): 666–707. Key reference: 
Piore, M., Schrank, A. Root-Cause
Regulation: Protecting Work and Workers in the Twenty-First
Century. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2018. Key reference: 
Ronconi, L., Zarazaga, R. "Labor exclusion
and the erosion of citizenship responsibilities" World
Development 74 (2015): 453–461. Key reference: 
Saint-Paul, G. The Political
Economy of Labour Market Institutions. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. Key reference: 
Holland, A. "Forbearance" American Political
Science Review 110:2 (2016): 232−246. Key reference: 
- Kanbur, R., Ronconi, L. "Enforcement matters: The effective regulation of labour" International Labour Review 157:3 (2018): 331−356.
- Almeida, R. ., Ronconi, L. "Labor inspections in the developing world: Stylized facts from the enterprise survey" Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society 55:3 (2016): 468−489.
- Bhorat, H., Kanbur, R., Mayet, N. "Minimum wage violation in South Africa" International Labour Review 151:3 (2012): 277−287.
- Coslovsky, S., Locke, R. "Parallel paths to enforcement: Private compliance, public regulation, and labor standards in the Brazilian sugar sector" Politics & Society 41:4 (2013): 497−526.
- Dewan, S., Ronconi, L. "US free trade agreements and enforcement of labor law in Latin America" Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society 57:1 (2018): 35−56.
- Ronconi, L. "Globalization, domestic institutions, and enforcement of labor law: Evidence from Latin America" Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society 51:1 (2012): 89−105.
- Viollaz, M. Are labor inspections protecting workers’ rights? Adding the evidence from size-based labor regulations and fines in Peru International Labour Review, Forthcoming.