References for Employment protection legislation in transition and emerging markets
- Cazes, S., Khatiwada, S., Malo, M. "Employment protection and industrial relations: Recent trends and labour market impacts" World of Work Report 2012: Better Jobs for a Better Economy. Geneva: International Labour Office, International Institute for Labour Studies, 2012.
- Skedinger, P. Employment Protection Legislation: Evolution, Effects, Winners and Losers. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2010.
Freeman, R. Labor Market
Institutions without Blinders: The Debate over Flexibility and
Labor Market Performance NBER Working
Paper No.11286, 2004. Key reference: 
Djankov, S., Ramalho, R. "Employment laws in
developing countries" Journal of
Comparative Economics 37:1 (2009): 3–13. Key reference: 
Bosch, M., Esteban-Pretel, J. "Job creation and
job destruction in the presence of informal markets" Journal of
Development Economics 98:2 (2012): 270–286. Key reference: 
Botero, J., Djankov, S., La
Porta, R., Lopez-de-Silanes, F., Shleifer, A. "The regulation of
labor" Quarterly Journal
of Economics 119:3 (2004): 1339–1382. Key reference: 
Heckman, J., Pages, C. Law and Employment:
Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2004. Key reference: 
Lehmann, H., Muravyev, A. "Labour market
institutions and labour market performance: What can we learn
from transition countries?" Economics of
Transition 20:2 (2012): 235–269. Key reference: 
Lehmann, H., Muravyev, A. "Labor market
institutions and informality in transition and Latin American
countries" In: Pages, C., Rigolini, J., Robalino, D. (eds). Social Insurance
and Labor Markets: How to Protect Workers while Creating Good
Jobs. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014. Key reference: 
Bosch, M., Goñi-Pacchioni, E., Maloney, W. "Trade
Liberalization, Labor Reforms and Formal–informal Employment
Economics 19:5 (2012): 653–667. Key reference: 
Besley, T., Burgess, R. "Can labor
regulation hinder economic performance? Evidence from
India" Quarterly Journal
of Economics 119:1 (2004): 91–134. Key reference: 
Gimpelson, V., Kapelyushnikov, R., Lukyanova, A. "Employment
protection legislation in Russia: Regional enforcement and labor
market outcomes" Comparative
Economic Studies 52:4 (2010): 611–636. Key reference: 
Muravyev, A. Evolution of
Employment Protection Legislation in the USSR, CIS and Baltic
States, 1985–2009 IZA Discussion
Paper No.5365, 2010-12. Key reference: 
- Freeman, R. Labor Market Institutions without Blinders: The Debate over Flexibility and Labor Market Performance NBER Working Paper No.11286, 2004.
- Bertola, G. "Job security, employment, and wages" European Economic Review 34:4 (1990): 851–879.
- Ichino, A., Riphahn, R. "The effect of employment protection on worker effort: Absenteeism during and after probation" Journal of the European Economic Association 3:1 (2005): 120–143.
- Lazear, E. "Job security provisions and employment" Quarterly Journal of Economics 105:3 (1990): 699–726.