- Megginson, W. L., Netter, J. M. "From state to market: A survey of empirical studies on privatization." Journal of Economic Literature 39:2 (2001): 321–389.
- Estrin, S., Hanousek, J., Kočenda, E., Svejnar, J. "The effects of privatization and ownership in transition economies." Journal of Economic Literature 47:3 (2009): 699–728.
Todo, Y., Inui, T., Yuan, Y. "Effects of privatization on
exporting decisions: Firm-level evidence from Chinese state-owned
enterprises." Comparative Economic
Studies 56 (2014): 536–555. Key reference: 
Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S., Telegdy, Á. "Employment and wage effects of
privatisation: Evidence from Hungary, Romania, Russia and Ukraine." The Economic Journal 120:545 (2010): 683–708. Key reference: 
Brown, J. D., Earle, J. S., Telegdy, Á. "The productivity effects of
privatization: Longitudinal estimates from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and
Ukraine." Journal of Political
Economy 114:1 (2006): 61–99. Key reference: 
Yusuf, S., Nabeshima, K., Perkins, D. H. Under New Ownership: Privatizing
China’s State-Owned Enterprises. Washington, DC: World Bank Publications, 2005. Key reference: 
Melitz, M. J. "The impact of trade on
intra-industry reallocations and aggregate industry productivity." Econometrica 71:6 (2003): 1695–1725. Key reference: 
Bernard, A. B., Jensen, J. B. "Why some firms export." Review of Economics and
Statistics 86:2 (2004): 561–569. Key reference: 
Qian, Y., Roland, G. "The soft budget constraint in
China." Japan and the World
Economy 8:2 (1996): 207–223. Key reference: 
Manova, K., Wei, S. J., Zhang, Z. Firm Exports and Multinational
Activity Under Credit Constraints NBER Working
Paper No.16905, 2011. Key reference: 
Hsieh, C. T., Song, Z. M. "Grasp the large, let go of the
small: The transformation of the state sector in China." Brookings Papers on Economic
Activity 2015:1 (2015): 295–346. Key reference: 
Todo, Y., Sato, H. "Effects of presidents’
characteristics on internationalization of small and medium firms in
Japan." Journal of the Japanese and
International Economies 34 (2014): 236–255. Key reference: 
Dixon, R., Guariglia, A., Vijayakumaran, R. "Managerial ownership, corporate
governance and firms’ exporting decisions: Evidence from Chinese listed
companies." European Journal of
Finance (Forthcoming). Key reference: 
Filatotchev, I., Dyomina, N., Wright, M., Buck, T. "Effects of post-privatization
governance and strategies on export intensity in the former Soviet Union." Journal of International Business
Studies 32:4 (2001): 853–871. Key reference: 
World Bank World Development
Indicators. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2016. Key reference: 
- Todo, Y., Inui, T., Yuan, Y. "Effects of privatization on exporting decisions: Firm-level evidence from Chinese state-owned enterprises." Comparative Economic Studies 56 (2014): 536–555.
- Bai, C. E., Lu, J., Tao, Z. "How does privatization work in China?" Journal of Comparative Economics 37:3 (2009): 453–470.
- Elliott, R., Zhao, Y. "State-owned enterprises, exporting and productivity in China: A stochastic dominance approach." The World Economy 36:8 (2013): 1000–1028.
- Feenstra, R. C., Li, Z., Yu, M. "Exports and credit constraints under incomplete information: Theory and evidence from China" Review of Economics and Statistics 96:4 (2014): 729–744.
- Fan, J. P., Wong, T., Zhang, T. "Institutions and organizational structure: The case of state-owned corporate pyramids." Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization 29:6 (2013): 1217–1252.
- Groves, T., Hong, Y., McMillan, J., Naughton, B. "China’s evolving managerial labor market." Journal of Political Economy 103:4 (1995): 873–892.
- Kowalski, P., Büge, M., Sztajerowska, M. "State-owned enterprises." OECD Trade Policy Papers 143 (2013): 93.
- IMF People’s Republic of China: 2015 Article IV Consultation. Washington, DC: IMF, 2015.
- Liao, L., Liu, B., Wang, H. "China’s secondary privatization: Perspectives from the split-share structure reform." Journal of Financial Economics 113:3 (2014): 500–518.
- Muuls, M. Exporters and Credit Constraints: A Firm-level Approach National Bank of Belgium Working Paper No.139, 2008.