- Erdal, D. Beyond the Corporation: Humanity Working. New York: Random House, 2012.
- Kaarsemaker, E., Pendleton, A., Poutsma, E. "Employee share ownership." In: Gollan, P., Lewin, D., Marchington, M., Wilkinson, A. (eds). The Oxford Handbook of Participation in Organizations. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Rosen, C. M., Case, J., Staubus, M. Equity: Why Employee Ownership is Good for Business. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Press, 2005.
Kurtulus, F., Kruse, D. How Did Employee
Ownership Firms Weather the Last Two Recessions?. Kalamazoo, MI: W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment
Research, 2016. Key reference: 
Lowitzsch, J., Hashi, I. The Promotion of
Employee Ownership and Participation, 2014. Key reference: 
Kruse, D., Freeman, R., Blasi, J. (eds). Shared Capitalism
at Work: Employee Ownership, Profit and Gain Sharing, and
Broad-based Stock Options. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 2010. Key reference: 
O’Boyle, E., Patel, P., Gonzalez-Mulé, E. "Employee ownership
and firm performance: A meta-analysis." Human Resource
Management Journal 26:4 (2016): 425−448. Key reference: 
Oxera "Tax Advantaged
Employee Share Schemes: Analysis of Productivity Effects", 2007. Key reference: 
Fakhfakh, F., Pérotin, V., Gago, M. "Productivity,
capital, and labor in labor-managed and conventional firms: An
investigation on French data." Industrial &
Labor Relations Review 65:4 (2012): 847−879. Key reference: 
Kim, E., Ouimet, P. "Broad-based
employee stock ownership: Motives and outcomes." The Journal of
Finance 69:3 (2014): 1273−1319. Key reference: 
Blasi, J., Freeman, R., Kruse, D. "Do broad-based
employee ownership, profit sharing, and stock options help the
best firms do even better?" British Journal of
Industrial Relations 54:1 (2016): 55−82. Key reference: 
Walter, K., Corley, D. Mitigating Risk to
Maximize the Benefits of Employee Ownership. Washington, DC: Center for American Progress, 2015. Key reference: 
Blasi, J., Freeman, R., Kruse, D. The Citizen’s
Share: Reducing Inequality in the 21st Century. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2014. Key reference: 
- Kurtulus, F., Kruse, D. How Did Employee Ownership Firms Weather the Last Two Recessions?. Kalamazoo, MI: W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, 2016.
- Akerlof, G. "Labor contracts as partial gift exchange." Quarterly Journal of Economics 97 (1982): 543−569.
- Axelrod, R. M. The Evolution of Cooperation. New York: Basic Books, 1984.
- Bayo-Moriones, J. A., Galilea-Salvatierra, P. J., Merino-Diaz de Cerio, J. "Participation, cooperatives and performance: An analysis of Spanish manufacturing firms." In: Kato, T., Pliskin, J. (eds). The Determinants of the Incidence and the Effects of Participatory Organizations. Amsterdam: JAI Press, 2003.
- Ben-Ner, A. "The life cycle of worker-owned firms in market economies." Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 10:3 (1988): 287−313.
- Ben-Ner, A., Jones, D. C. "Employee participation, ownership, and productivity: A theoretical framework." Industrial Relations 34:4 (1995): 532−554.
- Bernstein, J. Employee Ownership, ESOPs, Wealth, and Wages, 2016-01.
- Beyster, J. R., Economy, P. The SAIC Solution: How We Built an $8 Billion Employee-owned Technology Company. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 2007.
- Blair, M., Kruse, D., Blasi, J. "Employee ownership: An unstable form or a stabilizing force?" In: Blair, M., Kochan, T. (eds). The New Relationship: Human Capital in the American Corporation. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press, 2002.
- Blasi, J. Employee Ownership: Revolution or Ripoff?. New York: Harper and Row, Ballinger Books, 1988.
- Blasi, J., Kruse, D. The New Owners: The Mass Emergence of Employee Ownership in Public Companies and What it Means to American Business. New York: HarperCollins, 1991.
- Blasi, J., Kruse, D., Weltmann, D. "Firm survival and performance in privately-held ESOP companies." In: Kruse, D. (ed). Sharing Ownership, Profits, and Decision-making in the 21st Century. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing, 2013.
- Blasi, J., Conte, M., Kruse, D. "Employee stock ownership and corporate performance among public companies." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 50:1 (1996): 60−79.
- Blasi, J., Kroumova, M., Kruse, D. Kremlin Capitalism: The Privatization of the Russian Economy. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 1997.
- Blasi, J., Kruse, D., Bernstein, A. In the Company of Owners: The Truth about Stock Options (And Why Every Employee Should Have Them). New York: Basic Books, 2003.
- Blasi, J., Kruse, D., Freeman, R. "Shared capitalism at work: Impacts and policy options." In: Lawler, E., O’Toole, J. (eds). America at Work. New York: Palgrave/Macmillan, 2004.
- Blinder, A. S. (ed). Paying for Productivity: A Look at the Evidence. Washington, DC: The Brookings Institution, 1990.
- Bloom, S. M. Employee Ownership and Firm Performance, 1986.
- Bova, F., Dou, Y., Hope, O. K. "Employee ownership and firm disclosure." Contemporary Accounting Research 32:2 (2015): 639−673.
- Brill, A. An Analysis of the Benefits S ESOPs Provide the U.S. Economy and Workforce. Washington, DC: Matrix Global Advisors, 2012.
- Brown, S., Fakhfakh, F., Sessions, J. "Absenteeism and employee sharing: An empirical analysis based on French panel data, 1981–1991." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 52:2 (1999): 234−251.
- Bryson, A., Freeman, R. "How does shared capitalism affect economic performance in the United Kingdom?" In: Kruse, D., Freeman, R., Blasi, J. (eds). Shared Capitalism at Work: Employee Ownership, Profit and Gain Sharing, and Broad Based Stock Options. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010.
- Bryson, A., Freeman, R., Lucifora, C., Pellizzari, M., Perotin, V. "Paying for performance: incentive pay schemes and employees’ financial participation." In: Boeri, T., Lucifora, C., Murphy, K. J. (eds). Executive Remuneration and Employee Performance-related Pay: A Transatlantic Perspective. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Burdín, G. "Are worker-managed firms more likely to fail than conventional enterprises? Evidence from Uruguay." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 67:1 (2014): 202−238.
- Burdín, G. "Equality under threat by the talented: Evidence from worker-managed firms." The Economic Journal (2016).
- Burdin, G., Dean, A. "New evidence on wages and employment in worker cooperatives compared with capitalist firms." Journal of Comparative Economics 34:4 (2009): 517−533.
- Cable, J. R., FitzRoy, F. R. "Productive efficiency, incentives, and employee participation: Some preliminary results for West-Germany." Kyklos 33 (1980): 100−121.
- Carpenter, J., Robbett, A., Akbar, P. Profit Sharing and Peer Reporting IZA Discussion Paper No.9946, 2016-05.
- Cin, B., Smith, S. C. "Employee stock ownership and participation in South Korea: Incidence, productivity effects, and prospects," Review of Development Economics 6:2 (2002): 263−283.
- Cole, R. A., Mehran, H. "The effect of changes in ownership structure on performance: Evidence from the thrift industry." Journal of Financial Economics 50:3 (1998): 291−317.
- Conte, M., Tannenbaum, A. S. "Employee-owned companies: Is the difference measurable?" Monthly Labor Review 101:7 (1978): 23−28.
- Conte, M. A., Svejnar, J. "Productivity effects of worker participation in management, profit-sharing, worker ownership of assets and unionization in U.S. firms." International Journal of Industrial Organization 6:1 (1988): 139−151.
- Conte, M. A., Blasi, J., Kruse, D., Jampani, R. "Financial returns of public ESOP companies: Investor effects vs. manager effects." Financial Analysts Journal 52:4 (1996): 51−61.
- Conyon, M., Freeman, R. "Shared Modes of Compensation and Firm Performance: UK Evidence." In: Card, D., Blundell, R., Freeman, R. (eds). Seeking a Premier Economy: The Economic Effects of British Economic Reforms, 1980−2000. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2004.
- Craig, B., Pencavel, J. "The behavior of worker cooperatives: The plywood companies of the Pacific Northwest." American Economic Review 82 (1992): 1083−1105.
- Craig, B., Pencavel, J. "The objectives of worker cooperatives." Journal of Comparative Economics 17:2 (1993): 288−308.
- Craig, B., Pencavel, J. "Participation and productivity: A comparison of worker cooperatives and conventional firms in the plywood industry." Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, 1995.
- Cramton, P., Mehran, H., Tracy, J. ESOP Fables: The Impact of Employee Stock Ownership Plans on Labor Disputes Federal Reserve Board of New York Staff Report No.347, 2008.
- Davidson, W. N., Worrell, D. L. "ESOP’s fables: The influence of employee stock ownership plans on corporate stock prices and subsequent operating performance." Human Resource Planning 17:4 (1994): 69−87.
- Defourney, J., Estrin, S., Jones, D. C. "The effects of worker participation on enterprise performance: Evidence from French cooperatives." International Journal of Industrial Organization 3:2 (1985): 197−217.
- Doucouliagos, C. "Worker participation and productivity in labor-managed and participatory capitalist firms: A meta-analysis." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 49:1 (1995): 58−77.
- Dow, G. Governing the Firm: Workers’ Control in Theory and Practice. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Dunbar, A. E., Kumbhakar, S. C. "An empirical investigation of the association of productivity with employee stock ownership plans." Journal of the American Taxation Association 14:1 (1992): 22−38.
- Earle, J., Estrin, S. "Worker self-management in transitional economies." Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Labor-Managed Firms 6 (1998): 3−28.
- Engelhardt, G., Madrian, B. Employee Stock Purchase Plans NBER Working Paper No.10421, 2004.
- Estrin, S., Jones, D. C. "Workers’ participation, employee ownership and productivity: Results from French producer cooperatives." In: Jones, D. C., Svejnar, J. (eds). Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Self-managed Firms, Vol. 5. Greenwich, CN: JAI Press, 1995.
- Estrin, S., Jones, D. C., Svejnar, J. "The productivity effects of worker participation: Producer cooperatives in western economies." Journal of Comparative Economics 11:1 (1987): 40−61.
- Estrin, S., Jones, D. C. "The viability of employee-owned firms: Evidence from France." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 45:2 (1992): 323−338.
- Faleye, O., Mehrotra, V., Morck, R. When Labor Has a Voice in Corporate Governance NBER Working Paper No.11254, 2005.
- Fehr, E., Gachter, S. "Cooperation and punishment in public goods experiments." American Economic Review 90 (2000): 980−994.
- Freeman, S. Effects of ESOP Adoption and Employee Ownership: Thirty Years of Research and Experience University of Pennsylvania Organizational Dynamics Working Paper No.07-01, 2007.
- Frohlich, N., Godard, J., Oppenheimer, J. A., Starke, F. A. "Employee versus conventionally- owned and controlled firms: An experimental analysis." Managerial and Decision Economics 19:4/5 (1998): 311–326.
- Frye, M. B. "Equity-based compensation for employees: Firm performance and determinants." Journal of Financial Research 27:1 (2004): 31−54.
- Gamble, J. E. "ESOPS: Financial performance and federal tax incentives." Journal of Labor Research 19:3 (1998): 529−541.
- Gianaris, N. Modern Capitalism: Privatization, Employee Ownership, and Industrial Democracy. New York: Praeger, 1995.
- Gintis, H., Bowles, S., Boyd, R., Fehr, E. Moral Sentiments and Material Interests: The Foundations of Cooperation in Economic Life. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2006.
- Gregg, P. A., Machin, S. J. "Unions and the incidence of performance linked pay schemes in Britain." International Journal of Industrial Organization 6 (1988): 91−107.
- Grunberg, L., Moore, S., Greenberg, E. "The relationship of employee ownership and participation to workplace safety." Economic and Industrial Democracy 17:2 (1996): 221−241.
- Hammer, T. H., Landau, J., Stern, R. "Absenteeism when workers have a voice: The case of employee ownership." Journal of Applied Psychology 66 (1981): 561−573.
- Hammer, T. H., Stern, R. "Employee ownership: Implications for the organizational distribution of power." Academy of Management Journal 23:1 (1980): 78−100.
- Hansen, D. G. "Worker performance and group incentives: A case study." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 51:1 (1997): 37–49.
- Hansmann, H. The Ownership of Enterprise. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1996.
- Hashi, I., Hashani, A. "Determinants of financial participation in the EU: Employers’ and employees’ perspective." In: Kruse, D. (ed). Sharing Ownership, Profits, and Decision-making in the 21st Century. Bingley: Emerald Publishing, 2013.
- Holmstrom, B., Milgrom, P. "The firm as an incentive system." American Economic Review 84:4 (1994): 972−991.
- Iqbal, Z., Hamid, S. A. "Stock price and operating performance of ESOP firms: A time-series analysis." Quarterly Journal of Business and Economics 39:3 (2000): 25−47.
- Ittner, C., Lambert, R., Larcker, D. "The structure and performance consequences of equity grants to employees of new economy firms." Journal of Accounting and Economics 34 (2002): 89−127.
- Jensen, M., Meckling, W. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure." Journal of Financial Economics 3:4 (1976): 305−360.
- Jones, D. C. "The productivity effects of worker directors and financial participation by employees in the firm: The case of British retail cooperatives." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 41:1 (1987): 79−92.
- Jones, D. C. "The productivity effects of employee ownership within command economies: Evidence from Poland." Managerial and Decision Economics 14:5 (1993): 475−485.
- Jones, D. C., Svejnar, J. "Participation, profit sharing, worker ownership and efficiency in Italian producer cooperatives," Economica 52:208 (1985): 449−465.
- Jones, D. C., Kato, T. "Employee stock ownership plans and productivity in Japanese manufacturing firms." British Journal of Industrial Relations 31:3 (1993): 331−346.
- Jones, D. C., Kato, T. "The scope, nature, and effects of employee stock ownership plans in Japan." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 46:2 (1993): 352−367.
- Jones, D. C., Kato, T. "The productivity effects of employee stock ownership plans and bonuses: Evidence from Japanese panel data." American Economic Review 85:3 (1995): 391−415.
- Jones, D. C., Klinedinst, M., Rock, C. "Productive efficiency during transition: Evidence from Bulgarian panel data." Journal of Comparative Economics 26:3 (1998): 446−464.
- Kaarsemaker, E. C. A. Employee Ownership and Human Resource Management: A Theoretical and Empirical Treatise with a Digression on the Dutch Context. Nijmegen: Radboud University, 2006.
- Kachalina, T. "Employee ownership in Russia: Evolution and current status." In: Kruse, D. (ed). Sharing Ownership, Profits, and Decision-Making in the 21st Century. Bingley: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2013.
- Kalmi, P., Pendleton, A., Poutsma, E. "Financial participation and performance in Europe." Human Resource Management Journal 15:4 (2005): 54−67.
- Kardas, P., Scharf, A., Keogh, J. "Wealth and income consequences of ESOPs and employee ownership: A comparative study from Washington State." Journal of Employee Ownership Law and Finance 10:4 (1998).
- Kato, T., Morishima, M. "The productivity effects of participatory employment practices: Evidence from new Japanese panel data." Industrial Relations 41:4 (2002): 487−520.
- Keef, S. "The causal association between employee share ownership and attitudes: A study based on the long framework." British Journal of Industrial Relations 36:1 (1998): 73−82.
- Klein, K. "Employee stock ownership and employee attitudes: A test of three models." Journal of Applied Psychology 72:1 (1987): 319−332.
- Klein, K., Hall, R. "Correlates of employee satisfaction with stock ownership." Journal of Applied Psychology 73:4 (1988): 630−638.
- Kroumova, M. Investment in Employer Stock Through 401(k) Plans: Is There Reason for Concern?, 2000.
- Kruse, D. Employee Ownership and Employee Attitudes: Two Case Studies. Norwood, PA: Norwood Editions, 1984.
- Kruse, D. "Why do firms adopt profit-sharing and employee ownership plans?" British Journal of Industrial Relations 34:4 (1996): 515−538.
- Kruse, D. "Research evidence on prevalence and effects of employee ownership.", 2002-02-13.
- Kruse, D., Blasi, J. "Employee ownership, employee attitudes, and firm performance: A review of the evidence." In: Mitchell, D., Lewin, D., Zaidi, M. (eds). Handbook of Human Resource Management. Greenwich, CN: JAI Press, 1997.
- Kruse, D., Freeman, R., Blasi, J., Buchele, R., Scharf, A., Rodgers, L., Mackin, C. "Motivating employee owners in ESOP firms: Human resource policies and company performance." In: Perotin, V., Robinson, A. (eds). Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Self-managed Firms, Vol. 8. Greenwich, CN: JAI Press, 2004.
- Kruse, D., Blasi, J. "Public opinion polls on employee ownership and profit sharing." Journal of Employee Ownership Law and Finance 11:3 (1999): 3−25.
- Kumar, B. R. "Effect of ESOPs on performance, productivity and risk." IIMB Management Review 16:1 (2004): 9−20.
- Kumbhakar, S. C., Dunbar, A. E. "The elusive ESOP-productivity link: Evidence from U.S. firm-level data." Journal of Public Economics 52:2 (1993): 273−283.
- Lee, Y. T. "The productivity effects of employee stock-ownership plans: Evidence from panel data of Taiwan electronic companies." International Journal of Management 20:4 (2003): 479−489.
- Logue, J., Yates, J. S. "Worker ownership American style: Pluralism, participation and performance." Economic and Industrial Democracy 20:2 (1999): 225−252.
- Logue, J., Yates, J. The Real World of Employee Ownership. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 2001.
- Long, R. "Worker ownership and job attitudes: A field study." Industrial Relations 21 (1982): 196−215.
- Long, R. L. "The effects of formal employee participation in ownership and decision making on perceived and desired patterns of organizational influence: A longitudinal study." Human Relations 34 (1981): 847−876.
- Long, R. L. "Worker ownership and job attitudes: A field study." Industrial Relations 21 (1982): 196−215.
- Markowitz, H., Blasi, J., Kruse, D. "Employee stock ownership and diversification." Annals of Operations Research 176:1 (2010): 95−107.
- Marsh, T. R., McAllister, D. E. "ESOPs tables: A survey of companies with employee stock ownership plans." Journal of Corporation Law 6:3 (1981): 551.
- Mauldin, E. G. "Systematic differences in employee stock ownership plan contributions: Some evidence." Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 18:2 (1999): 141−163.
- McHugh, P. P., Cutcher-Gershenfeld, J., Bridge, D. L. "Examining structure and process in ESOP firms." Personnel Review 34:3 (2005): 277−293.
- McNabb, R., Whitfield, K. "The impact of financial participation and employee involvement in financial performance." Scottish Journal of Political Economy 45:2 (1998): 171−187.
- Mellizo, P. "Can group-incentives without participation survive the free-rider problem? A view from the lab" In: Kruse, D. (ed). Sharing Ownership, Profits, and Decision-Making in the 21st Century, Volume 14. Bingley: Emerald Publishing, 2013.
- Milgrom, P., Roberts, J. Economics, Organization, and Management. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1992.
- Mygind, N., Demina, N., Gregoric, A., Kapelyushnikov, R. "Corporate governance cycles during transition: A comparison of Russia and Slovenia." Corporate Ownership and Control 3 (2006): 52−64.
- Ohkusa, Y., Ohtake, F. "The productivity effects of information sharing, profit sharing, and ESOPs." Journal of the Japanese and International Economies 11:3 (1997): 385−402.
- Park, R., Kruse, D., Sesil, J., Perotin, V., Robinson, A. "Does employee ownership enhance firm survival?" Employee Participation, Firm Performance and Survival, Volume 8. Bingley: Emerald Publishing, 2004.
- Park, S., Song, M. H. "Employee stock ownership plans, firm performance, and monitoring by outside blockholders." Financial Management 24:4 (1995): 52−65.
- Pateman, C. Participation and Democratic Theory. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1970.
- Peach, E. K., Stanley, T. "Efficiency wages, productivity and simultaneity: A meta-regression analysis." Journal of Labor Research 30:3 (2009): 262−268.
- Pencavel, J. Worker Participation: Lessons from Worker Co-ops of the Pacific Northwest: Lessons from Worker Co-ops of the Pacific Northwest. New York: Russell Sage Foundation, 2002.
- Pencavel, J. H. "Worker cooperatives and democratic governance." In: Gandori, A. (ed). The Handbook of Economic Organization: Integrating Economic and Organization Theory. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2014.
- Pencavel, J., Pistaferri, L., Schivardi, F. "Wages, employment and capital in capitalist and worker-owned firms." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 60:1 (2006).
- Pendleton, A., Wilson, N., Wright, M. "The perception and effects of share ownership: Empirical evidence from employee buy-outs." British Journal of Industrial Relations 36:1 (1998): 99−123.
- Pendleton, A., Robinson, A. "Employee stock ownership, involvement, and productivity: An interaction-based approach." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 64:1 (2010): 3−29.
- Pendleton, A. "Incentives, monitoring, and employee stock ownership plans: New evidence and interpretations." Industrial Relations 45:4 (2006): 753−777.
- Pendleton, A., Poutsma, E., Van Ommeren, J., Brewster, C. "The incidence and determinants of employee share ownership and profit sharing in Europe." In: Kato, T., Pliskin, J. (eds). Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Labor-Managed Firms, Vol. 7. New York: Elsevier Science, 2003.
- Pérotin, V., Perotin, V., Robinson, A. "Early cooperative survival: The liability of adolescence." Employee Participation, Firm Performance and Survival, Volume 8. Bingley: Emerald Publishing, 2004.
- Pérotin, V., Robinson, A. "Employee participation and equal opportunities practices: Performance effects and potential complementarities." British Journal of Industrial Relations 38:4 (2000): 557−583.
- Poole, M. The Origins of Economic Democracy: Profit-Sharing and Employee-Shareholding Schemes. London: Routledge, 1989.
- Prendergast, C. "The provision of incentives in firms." Journal of Economic Literature 37:1 (1999): 7−63.
- Prendergast, C. "The tenuous tradeoff between risk and incentives." Journal of Political Economy 110:5 (2002): 1071−1102.
- Pugh, W. N., Jahera Jr, J. S., Oswald, S. L. "ESOP adoption and corporate performance: Does motive really matter?" Journal of Business and Economic Studies 11:1 (2005): 76−92.
- Pugh, W. N., Oswald, S. L., Jahera Jr, J. S. "The effect of ESOP adoptions on corporate performance: Are there really performance changes?" Managerial and Decision Economics 21:5 (2000): 167−180.
- Quarrey, M., Rosen, C. Employee Ownership and Corporate Performance. Oakland, CA: National Center for Employee Ownership, 1993.
- Raschle Grand, M. B. Antecedents and Consequences of All-employee Equity-based Pay in Germany, 2004.
- Renaud, S., St- Onge, S., Magnan, M. "The impact of stock purchase plan participation on workers’ individual cash compensation." Industrial Relations 43:1 (2004): 120–147.
- Rhodes, S. R., Steers, R. M. "Conventional vs. worker-owned organizations." Human Relations 24 (1981): 1013−1035.
- Richardson, R., Nejad, A. "Employee share ownership schemes in the UK: An evaluation." British Journal of Industrial Relations 24:2 (1986): 233−250.
- Richter, A., Schrader, S. "Levels of employee share ownership and the performance of listed companies in Europe." British Journal of Industrial Relations (Forthcoming).
- Robinson, A., Zhang, H. "Employee share ownership: Safeguarding investments in human capital." British Journal of Industrial Relations 43:3 (2005): 469−488.
- Robinson, A., Wilson, N. "Employee financial participation and productivity: An empirical reappraisal." British Journal of Industrial Relations 44:1 (2006): 31−50.
- Rooney, P. "Employee ownership and worker participation: Effects on health and safety." Economic Letters 39 (1992): 323−328.
- Rosen, C., Quarrey, M. "How well is employee ownership working?" Harvard Business Review 65:5 (1987): 126−129.
- Rosen, C., Klein, K., Young, K. Employee Ownership in America: The Equity Solution. Lexington, MA: DC Heath, Lexington Books, 1986.
- Scharf, A., Mackin, C. Census of Massachusetts Companies with Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs). Boston, MA: Commonwealth Corporation, 2000.
- Smith, S. C., Cin, B. C., Vodopivec, M. "Privatization incidence, ownership forms, and firm performance: Evidence from Slovenia." Journal of Comparative Economics 25:2 (1997): 158−179.
- Stack, J., Burlingham, B. A Stake in the Outcome: Building a Culture of Ownership for the Long-term Success of Your Business. New York: Doubleday, 2003.
- Stiglitz, J. The Price of Inequality: How Today's Divided Society Endangers Our Future. New York: W.W. Norton and Co., 2013.
- Stiglitz, J. "Inequality is holding back the recovery." New York Times, 2013-01-19.
- Thomas, A., Cornforth, C. "The survival and growth of worker co-operatives: A comparison with small businesses." International Small Business Journal 8:1 (1989): 34−50.
- Trebucq, S. "The effects of ESOPs on performance and risk: Evidence from France." Corporate Ownership and Control 1:4 (2004): 81−93.
- Tseo, G. K. Y., Sheng, H. G., Peng-zhu, Z., Lihai, Z. "Employee ownership and profit-sharing as positive factors in the reform of Chinese state-owned enterprises." Economic and Industrial Democracy 25:1 (2004): 147−177.
- Tseo, G. "Chinese economic restructuring: Enterprise development through employee ownership." Economic and Industrial Democracy 17:2 (1996): 243−279.
- US GAO Employee Stock Ownership Plans: Benefits and Costs of ESOP Tax Incentives for Broadening Stock Ownership. GAO/PEMD-87-8. Washington, DC: General Accounting Office, 1986.
- Walter, K., Madland, D., Corley, D. Capitalism for Everyone: Encouraging Companies to Adopt Employee Ownership Programs and Broad-Based Profit Sharing. Washington, DC: Center for American Progress, 2015-10.
- Weiss, A. "Incentives and worker behavior." In: Nalbantian, H. (ed). Incentives, Cooperation, and Risk Sharing. Totowa, NJ: Rowman and Littlefield, 1987.
- Welbourne, T. M., Cyr, L. A. "Using ownership as an incentive does the “too many chiefs” rule apply in entrepreneurial firms?" Group and Organization Management 24:4 (1999): 438−460.
- Weltmann, D., Blasi, J., Kruse, D. "Does employee ownership affect attitudes and behaviors? The role of selection, status, and size of stake." In: Kauhanen, A. (ed). Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Labor-Managed Firms. Bingley: Emerald Publishing, 2015.
- Wilkinson, R., Pickett, K. The Spirit Level: Why Greater Equality Makes Societies Stronger. New York: Bloomsbury Press, 2010.
- Wilson, N., Peel, M. "The impact on absenteeism and quits of profit-sharing and other forms of employee participation." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 44:3 (1991): 454−468.
- Winther, G., Marens, R. "Participatory democracy may go a long way: comparative growth performance of employee ownership firms in New York and Washington states." Economic and Industrial Democracy 18:3 (1997): 393−422.