References for Do works councils raise or lower firm productivity?
- Müller, S. "Mandatory works councils in Germany: Their effects on productivity and profits." . Nuremberg: Dissertation, 2009.
- Schmitt, A. H. "What do works councils do for employees?" . Aachen: Dissertation, 2012.
Jirjahn, U., Smith, S. C. "What factors lead management to
support or oppose employee participation—with and without works councils?
Hypotheses and evidence from Germany." Industrial Relations 45:4 (2006): 650–680. Key reference: 
Hübler, O., Jirjahn, U. "Works councils and collective
bargaining in Germany: The impact on productivity and wages." Scottish Journal of Political
Economy 50:4 (2003): 471–491. Key reference: 
Wagner, J. "German works councils and
productivity: First evidence from a nonparametric test." Applied Economics Letters 15:9 (2008): 727–730. Key reference: 
Wagner, J., Schank, T., Schnabel, C., Addison, J. T. "Works councils, labor productivity
and plant heterogeneity: First evidence from quantile regressions." Jahrbücher für Nationalökonomie
und Statistik 226:5 (2006): 505–518. Key reference: 
Gralla, R., Kraft, K. Separating Introduction Effects
from Selectivity Effects: The Differences in Employment Patterns of Co-Determined
Firms IZA Discussion Paper
No No.7022, 2012. Key reference: 
Grund, C., Schmitt, A. "Works councils, wages and job
satisfaction." Applied Economics 45:3 (2013): 299–310. Key reference: 
Jirjahn, U. "Works councils and employment
growth in German establishments." Cambridge Journal of
Economics 34:3 (2010): 475–500. Key reference: 
Hirsch, B., Schank, T., Schnabel, C. "Works councils and separations:
Voice, monopoly, and insurance effects." Industrial Relations 49:4 (2010): 566–592. Key reference: 
Jirjahn, U., Mohrenweiser, J. Active Owners and the Failure of
Newly Adopted Works Councils ZEW Discussion Paper
No No.13-080, 2013. Key reference: 
Addison, J. T., Schank, T., Schnabel, C., Wagner, J. "Do works councils inhibit
investment?" Industrial and Labor Relations
Review 60:2 (2007): 187–203. Key reference: 
Kriechel, B., Muehlemann, S., Pfeifer, H., Schütte, M. "Works councils, collective
bargaining, and apprenticeship training—Evidence from German firms." Industrial Relations 53:2 (2014): 199–222. Key reference: 
Van den Berg, A., Grift, Y., van
Witteloostuijn, A. "Managerial perceptions of works
councils’ effectiveness in the Netherlands." Industrial Relations 50:3 (2011): 497–513. Key reference: 
Van den Berg, A., Grift, Y., van
Witteloostuijn, A., Boone, C., van der
Brempt, O. The Effect of Employee Workplace
Representation on Firm Performance. A Cross-country Comparison within
Europe Utrecht School of Economics
Discussion Paper Series No No.13-05, 2013. Key reference: 
- Jirjahn, U., Smith, S. C. "What factors lead management to support or oppose employee participation—with and without works councils? Hypotheses and evidence from Germany." Industrial Relations 45:4 (2006): 650–680.
- Addison, J. T., Teixeiro, P., Zwick, T. Works Councils and the Anatomy of Wages ZEW Discussion Paper No No.06-086, 2006.
- FitzRoy, F., Kraft, K. "Efficiency and internal organization: Works councils in West German firms." Economica 54:216 (1987): 493–504.
- Freeman, R. B., Lazear, E. P. "An economic analysis of works councils" Works Councils: Consultation, Representation and Cooperation in Industrial Relations. Chicago: University Press, 1995.
- Hübler, O. "Fördern oder behindern Betriebsräte die Unternehmensentwicklung?" Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik 4:4 (2003): 379–397.
- Jirjahn, U. "The introduction of works councils in German establishments–Rent seeking or rent protection?" British Journal of Industrial Relations 47:3 (2009): 521–545.
- Jirjahn, U. Works Councils and Collective Bargaining in Germany: A Simple but Crucial Theoretical Extension University of Trier Research Papers in Economics No No.13/14, 2014.
- Jirjahn, U., Mohrenweiser, J., Backes-Gellner, U. "Works councils and learning: On the dynamic dimension of codetermination." Kyklos 64:3 (2011): 427–447.
- Müller, S. "Works councils and firm profits revisited" British Journal of Industrial Relations 49:S1 (2011): s27–s43.
- Müller, S. "Works councils and establishment productivity." Industrial and Labor Relations Review 65:4 (2012): 880–898.
- Müller, S., Stegmaier, J. The Dynamic Effects of Works Councils on Labor Productivity: First Evidence from Panel Data LASER Discussion Paper No No.78, 2014.
- Pfeifer, C. "The heterogeneous consequences of works council relations." Schmollers Jahrbuch 131:1 (2011): 59–71.