References for Do trade unions in Central and Eastern Europe make a difference?
- Meardi, G. Social Failures of EU Enlargement: A Case of Workers Voting with their Feet. London: Routledge, 2012.
- Upchurch, M., Croucher, R., Danilovich, H., Morrison, C. "The transformation of work and industrial relations in the post-Soviet bloc: 25 years on from 1989" Work, Employment & Society 29:3 (2015).
Bohle, D., Greskovits, B. "Neoliberalism,
embedded neoliberalism and neocorporatism: Towards transnational
capitalism in Central-Eastern Europe" West European
Politics 30:3 (2007): 443–466. Key reference: 
Ost, D. "The end of
postcommunism: Trade unions in Eastern Europe’s future" East European
Politics and Societies 23:1 (2009): 13–33. Key reference: 
European Commission Industrial
Relations in Europe 2012. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2013. Key reference: 
Visser, J. "What happened to
collective bargaining during the great recession" IZA Journal of
Labor Policy 5:9 (2016). Key reference: 
Glassner, V. "Central and
eastern European industrial relations in the crisis: National
divergence and path dependent change" Transfer: European
Review of Labour and Research 19:2 (2013): 155–169. Key reference: 
Crowley, S. "Explaining labor
weakness in post-communist Europe: Historical legacies and
comparative perspective" East European
Politics and Societies 18:3 (2004): 394–429. Key reference: 
Cook, L. Postcommunist
Welfare States, Reform Politics in Russia and Eastern
Europe. London: Cornell University Press, 2007. Key reference: 
Magda, I., Marsden, D., Moriconi, S. "Collective
agreements, wages, and firms’ cohorts: Evidence from Central
Europe" Industrial and
Labor Relations Review 65:3 (2012). Key reference: 
Magda, I., Marsden, D., Moriconi, S. "Lower coverage but
stronger unions? Institutional changes and union wage premia in
Central Europe" Journal of
Comparative Economics 44:3 (2016): 638–656. Key reference: 
Ivlevs, A., Veliziotis, M. "What do unions do
in times of economic crisis? Evidence from Central and Eastern
Europe" European Journal
of Industrial Relations 23:1 (2017): 81–96. Key reference: 
Croucher, R., Rizov, M. "Union influence in
post-socialist Europe" Industrial and
Labor Relations Review 65:3 (2012): 630–650. Key reference: 
Bargaining in Europe in the 21st Century. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2015. Key reference: 
Meardi, G., Trappman, V. "Between
consolidation and crisis: Divergent pressures and sectoral
trends in Poland" Transfer 19:2 (2013): 195–204. Key reference: 
- Bohle, D., Greskovits, B. "Neoliberalism, embedded neoliberalism and neocorporatism: Towards transnational capitalism in Central-Eastern Europe" West European Politics 30:3 (2007): 443–466.
- Avdagic, S., Rhodes, M., Visser, J. Social Pacts in Europe: Emergence, Evolution, and Institutionalization. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Bernaciak, M. "Social dialogue revival or ‘PR corporatism’? Negotiating anti-crisis measures in Poland and Bulgaria" Transfer 19:2 (2013): 239–251.
- Carley, M. Industrial Relations in the EU Member States and Candidate Countries. Dublin: Eurofound, 2002.
- Croucher, R. "Employee involvement in Ukraine" International Journal of Human Resource Management 21:14 (2010): 2659–2676.
- Czarzasty, J., Gajewska, K., Mrozowicki, A. "Institutions and strategies: Trends and obstacles to recruiting workers into trade unions in Poland" British Journal of Industrial Relations 52:1 (2014): 112–135.
- Delteil, V., Kirov, V. (eds). Labour and Social Transformation in Central and Eastern Europe. Abingdon, UK: Routledge, 2017.
- Eurofound Impact of the Crisis on Industrial Relations and Working Conditions in Europe. Dublin: Eurofound, 2014.
- Freeman, R. B., Medoff, J. L. What Do Unions Do?. New York: Basic Books, 1984.
- Gardawski, J., Mrozowicki, A., Czarzasty, J. Trade Unions in Poland. Brussels: ETUI, 2012.
- Gardawski, J., Mrozowicki, A., Czarzasty, J. "History and current developments of trade unionism in Poland" Warsaw Forum of Economic Sociology 3:5 (2012): 9–50.
- Kahancova, M. "The demise of social partnership, or a balanced recovery? The crisis and collective bargaining in Slovakia" Transfer: European Review of Labour and Research 19:2 (2013): 171–183.
- Kallaste, E., Woolfson, C. "The paradox of post-communist trade unionism: ‘You can’t want what you can’t imagine’" The Economic and Labour Relations Review 20:11 (2009): 93–109.
- Kelly, J. "Trade union membership and power in comparative perspective" The Economic and Labour Relations Review 26:4 (2015): 526–544.
- Kisgyörgy, S., István, V. "The experiences of works councils in Hungary" SEER–South-East Europe Review for Labour and Social Affairs 1 (2002): 71–82.
- Kohl, H. Freedom of Association, Employees’ Rights and Social Dialogue in Central and Eastern Europe and the Western Balkans. Berlin: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, 2009.
- Kubicek, P. "Civil society, trade unions and post-Soviet democratisation: Evidence from Russia and Ukraine" Europe-Asia Studies 54:4 (2002): 603–624.
- Meardi, G. "Multinationals in the new member states and the revitalization of trade unions" Debatte: Journal of Contemporary Central and Eastern Europe 15:2 (2007): 177–193.
- Meardi, G. "More voice after more exit? Unstable industrial relations in Central Eastern Europe" Industrial Relations Journal 38:6 (2007): 508–523.
- Meardi, G., Gardawski, J., Molina, O. "The dynamics of tripartism in post-democratic transitions: Comparative lessons from Spain and Poland" Business History 57:3 (2015): 398–417.
- Mrozowicki, A., Pulignano, V., Van Hootegem, G. "Worker agency and trade union renewal: The case of Poland" Work, Employment and Society 24:2 (2010): 221–240.
- Neumann, L. "Does decentralized collective bargaining have an impact on the labour market in Hungary" European Journal of Industrial Relations 8:1 (2002): 11–31.
- Pochet, P., Keune, M., Natali, D. (eds). After the Euro and Enlargement: Social Pacts in the EU. Brussels: ETUI, 2010.
- Trif, A. "Romania: Collective bargaining institutions under attack" Transfer 19:2 (2013): 227–237.
- Varga, M. "Refocusing studies of post-communist trade unions" European Journal of Industrial Relations 19:2 (2013): 109–125.
- Visser, J. "Wage bargaining institutions: from crisis to crisis" Economic Papers 488 (2013): 1–105.