- Benabou, R., Tirole, J. "Individual and corporate social responsibility" Economica 77 (2010): 1–19.
- Greening, D. W., Turban, D. B. "Corporate social performance as a competitive advantage in attracting a quality workforce" Business and Society 39 (2000): 254–280.
- Heal, G. "Corporate social responsibility: An economic and financial framework" The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance 30:3 (2005): 387–409.
- Lyon, T. P., Maxwell, J. W. "Corporate social responsibility and the environment: A theoretical perspective" Review of Environmental Economics and Policy 2:2 (2008): 240–260.
- Portney, P. R. "The (not so) new corporate social responsibility: An empirical perspective" Review of Environmental Economics and Policy 2:2 (2008): 261–275.
Brekke, K. A., Hauge, K. E., Lind, J. T., Nyborg, K. "Playing with the
good guys: A public good game with endogenous group
formation" Journal of Public
Economics 95 (2011): 1111–1118. Key reference: 
Nyborg, K., Zhang, T. "Is corporate social
responsibility associated with lower wages?" Environmental and
Resource Economics 55:1 (2013): 107–117. Key reference: 
Brekke, K. A., Nyborg, K. "Attracting
responsible employees: Green production as labor market
screening" Resource and Energy
Economics 30 (2008): 509–526. Key reference: 
Lanfranchi, L., Pekovic, S. How Green is My
Firm? Workers’ Attitudes towards Job, Job Involvement and Effort
in Environmentally-Related Firms Document du
Travail, 2012. Key reference: 
Frank, R. H. What Price the
Moral High Ground? Ethical Dilemmas in Competitive
Environments. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2004. Key reference: 
Gregg, P., Grout, P. A., Ratcliffe, A., Smith, S., Windmeijer, F. "How important is
pro-social behaviour in the delivery of public services?" Journal of Public
Economics 95:7–8 (2011): 758–766. Key reference: 
Delmas, M. A., Pekovic, S. "Environmental
standards and labor productivity: Understanding the mechanisms
that sustain sustainability" Journal of
Organizational Behavior 34 (2013): 230–252. Key reference: 
Grolleau, G., Mzoughi, N., Pekovic, S. "Green not (only)
for profit: An empirical examination of the effect of
environmental-related standards on employees’
recruitment" Resource and Energy
Economics 34 (2012): 74–92. Key reference: 
Fehrler, S., Kosfeld, M. "Pro-social missions
and worker motivation: An experimental study" Journal of Economic
Behavior & Organization 100 (2014): 99–110. Key reference: 
Koppel, H., Regner, T. Corporate Social
Responsibility in the Work Place—Experimental Evidence on CSR
from a Gift-Exchange Game Jena Economic
Research Papers, 2011. Key reference: 
- Brekke, K. A., Hauge, K. E., Lind, J. T., Nyborg, K. "Playing with the good guys: A public good game with endogenous group formation" Journal of Public Economics 95 (2011): 1111–1118.
- Ben-Ner, A., McCall, B. P., Stephane, M., Wang, H. "Identity and in-group/out-group differentiation in work and giving behaviors: Experimental evidence" Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization 72:1 (2009): 153–170.
- Besley, T., Ghatak, M. "Competition and incentives with motivated agents" American Economic Review 95:3 (2005): 616–636.
- Cole, M. A., Elliott, R. J. R., Lindley, J. K. "Dirty money: Is there a wage premium for working in a pollution intensive industry?" Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 39 (2009): 161–180.
- Fischbacher, U., Gächter, S. "Social preferences, beliefs, and the dynamics of free riding in public goods" American Economic Review 100 (2010): 541–556.
- Frye, M. B., Nelling, E., Webb, E. "Executive compensation in socially responsible firms" Corporate Governance: An International Review 14:5 (2006): 446–455.
- Ledyard, J. O. "Public goods: A survey of experimental research" In: Kagel, J. H., Roth, A. E. (eds). The Handbook of Experimental Economics. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1995.
- Leete, L. "Whither the nonprofit wage differential? Estimates from the 1990 census" Journal of Labor Economics 19:1 (2001): 136–170.
- Mocan, H. N., Tekin, E. "Nonprofit sector and part-time work: An analysis of employer–employee matched data on child care workers" Review of Economics and Statistics, 2003.
- Reinikka, R., Svensson, J. Working for God? CEPR Discussion Paper, 2004.
- Vitell, S. J., Davis, D. L. "The relationship between ethics and job satisfaction: An empirical investigation" Journal of Business Ethics 9:6 (2004): 489–494.
- Zelmer, J. "Linear public good games: A meta-analysis" Experimental Economics 6 (2003): 299–310.