- Fairlie, R., Meyer, B. "The effect of immigration on native self-employment" Journal of Labor Economics 21:3 (2013): 619–650.
- Longhi, S., Nijkamp, P., Poot, J. "Meta-analyses of labour-market impacts of immigration: Key conclusions and policy implications" Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy 28:5 (2010): 819–833.
- Ortega, J., Verduro, G. The impact of immigration on the local labor market outcomes of blue collar workers: Panel data evidence Draft presented at the 12th IZA/SOLE Transatlantic Meeting of Labor Economists, 2013.
- Peri, G., Sparber, C. "Task specialization, immigration, and wages" American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 1:3 (2009): 135–169.
- Zavodny, M. "Immigration and American Jobs". American Enterprise Institute and the Partnership for a New American Economy Policy Study, 2011.
Borjas, G. J. "The labor demand
curve is downward sloping: Reexamining the impact of immigration
on the labor market" Quarterly Journal
of Economics 118:4 (2003): 1335–1374. Key reference: 
Roy, A. S. "Job displacement
effects of Canadian immigrants by country of origin and
Migration Review 31:1 (1997): 150–161. Key reference: 
Paserman, M. D. "Do high-skill
immigrants raise productivity? Evidence from Israeli
manufacturing firms, 1990–1999" IZA Journal of
Migration 2:6 (2013): 1-31. Key reference: 
Zimmermann, K. F. "Tackling the
European migration problems" Journal of Economic
Perspectives 9:2 (1995): 45–62. Key reference: 
Card, D. "The impact of the
Mariel boatlift on the Miami labor market" Industrial and
Labor Relations Review 43:2 (1990): 245–257. Key reference: 
Constant, A., Massey, D. "Labor market
segmentation and the earnings of German guestworkers" Population Research
and Policy Review 24:5 (2005): 489–512. Key reference: 
Hunt, J. "Which immigrants
are most innovative and entrepreneurial? Distinctions by entry
visa" Journal of Labor
Economics 29:3 (2011): 417–457. Key reference: 
D’Amuri, F., Peri, G. Immigration, Jobs
and Employment Protection: Evidence from Europe NBER Working
Paper, 2011. Key reference: 
Cattaneo, C., Fiorio, C. V., Peri, G. What Happens to the
Careers of European Workers when Immigrants “Take their
Jobs” IZA Discussion
Paper, 2013. Key reference: 
Ottaviano, G. I. P., Peri, G., Wright, G. C. "Immigration,
offshoring, and American jobs" American Economic
Review 103:5 (2013): 1925–1959. Key reference: 
- Borjas, G. J. "The labor demand curve is downward sloping: Reexamining the impact of immigration on the labor market" Quarterly Journal of Economics 118:4 (2003): 1335–1374.
- Angrist, J., Kugler, A. "Protective or counter-protective? Labor market institutions and the effect of immigration on EU natives" Economic Journal 113:488 (2003): F302–F331.
- Barone, G., Mocetti, S. "With a little help from abroad: The effect of low-skilled immigration on the female labour supply" Labour Economics 18:5 (2011): 664–675.
- Barret, A., Bergin, A., Duffy, D. The Labour Market Characteristics and Labour Market Impacts of Immigrants in Ireland IZA Discussion Paper, 2005.
- Basten, C., Siegenthaler, M. Do immigrants take or create residents’ jobs? Quasi-experimental evidence from Switzerland Manuscript presented at the IZA Summer School, 2013.
- Blau, F. D., Kahn, L. M. Immigration and the Distribution of Incomes NBER Working Paper, 2012.
- Borjas, G. J. "Native internal migration and the labor market impact of immigration" Journal of Human Resources 41:2 (2006): 221–258.
- Bratsberg, B., Raaum, O. "Immigration and wages: Evidence from construction" The Economic Journal 122:565 (2012): 1177–1205.
- Card, D. "Is the new immigration really so bad?" The Economic Journal 115:507 (2005): F300–F323.
- Carrasco, R., Jimeno, J. F., Carolina Ortega, A. "The effect of immigration on the labor market performance of native-born workers: Some evidence for Spain" Journal of Population Economics 21:3 (2008): 627–648.
- Constant, A. F. "The earnings of male and female guestworkers and their assimilation into the German labor market: A panel study, 1984–1993" Doctoral Dissertation, 1998.
- D’Amuri, F., Ottaviano, G. I. P., Peri, G. "The labor market impact of immigration in Western Germany in the 1990s" European Economic Review 54:4 (2010): 550–570.
- Fairlie, R. W. Kauffman Index of Entrepreneurial Activity. Kansas City, MO: Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, 2005.
- Foged, M., Peri, G. Immigrants and Native Workers: New Analysis Using Longitudinal Employer-Employee Data NBER Working Paper, 2013.
- Gross, D. M. "Three million foreigners, three million unemployed? Immigration flows and the labor market in France" Applied Economics 34:16 (2002): 1969–1983.
- IOM (International Organization of Migration) Migration, Employment and Labour Market Integration Policies in the European Union. Geneva: International Organization of Migration, 2011.
- Hunt, J., Gauthier-Loiselle, M. "How much does immigration boost innovation?" American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics 2:2 (2010): 31–56.
- Kahanec, M. "Labor mobility in an enlarged European Union" In: Constant, A. F., Zimmermann, K. F. (eds). International Handbook on the Economics of Migration. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2013.
- Kerr, S. P., Kerr, W. Economic Impacts of Immigration: A Survey NBER Working Paper, 2011.
- Lewis, E. Local, Open Economies within the U.S.: How Do Industries Respond to Immigration? Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Working Paper, 2003.
- Mühleisen, M., Zimmermann, K. F. "A panel analysis of job changes and unemployment" European Economic Review 38 (1994): 793–801.
- Ortega, F., Polavieja, J. Labor-Market Exposure as a Determinant of Attitudes toward Immigration IZA Discussion Paper, 2009.
- Ottaviano, G. I. P., Peri, G. "Rethinking the effects of immigration on wages" Journal of the European Economic Association 10:1 (2012): 152–197.
- Peri, G. "The effect of immigration on productivity: Evidence from U.S. states" The Review of Economics and Statistics 94:1 (2012): 348–358.
- Smith, C. L. "The impact of low-skilled immigration on the youth labor market" Journal of Labor Economics 30:1 (2012): 55–89.
- Venturini, A., Villosio, C. "Labour market effects of immigration into Italy: An empirical analysis" International Labour Review 145 (2006): 91–118.
- Wadhwa, V., Saxenian, A. L., Rissing, B. A., Gereffi, G. America’s New Immigrant Entrepreneurs: Part I Duke Science Technology & Innovation Paper, 2007.
- Winkelmann, R., Zimmermann, K. F. "Ageing migration and labor mobility" In: Johnson, P., Zimmermann, K. F. (eds). Labor Markets in an Ageing Europe. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1993.