Kapteyn, A., Smith, J. P., Van
Soest, A. "Vignettes and self
reports of work disability in the United States and the
Netherlands" American Economic
Review 97:1 (2007): 431–473. Key reference: 
Autor, D. H., Duggan, M. G. "The growth in the
Social Security disability rolls: A fiscal crisis
unfolding" Journal of
Economic Perspectives 20 (2006): 71–96. Key reference: 
Jones, M. "Is there
employment discrimination against the disabled?" Economics
Letters 92 (2006): 32–37. Key reference: 
Jones, M. K., Latreille, P. L., Sloane, P. J. "Disability, gender
and the British labour market" Oxford Economic
Papers 58:3 (2006): 407–449. Key reference: 
DeLeire, T. "Changes in wage
discrimination against people with disabilities: 1984–93" Journal of Human
Resources 36 (2001): 144–158. Key reference: 
Acemoglu, D., Angrist, J. D. "Consequence of
employment protection? The case of the Americans with
Disabilities Act" Journal of
Political Economy 19 (2001): 915–950. Key reference: 
Bell, D., Heitmueller, A. "The Disability
Discrimination Act in the UK: Helping or hindering employment
among the disabled?" Journal of Health
Economics 28:2 (2009): 465–480. Key reference: 
Jolls, C., Prescott, J. J. Disaggregating
Employment Protection: The Case of Disability
Discrimination NBER Working
Paper No.10740, 2004. Key reference: 
Schur, L., Kruse, D., Blasi, J., Blanck, P. "Is disability
disabling in all workplaces? Workplace disparities and corporate
Relations 48:3 (2009): 381–410. Key reference: 
Meyer, B. D., Mok, W. K. C. Disability,
Earnings, Income and Consumption NBER Working
Paper No.18869, 2013. Key reference: 
Charles, K. K. "The longitudinal
structure of earnings losses among work-limited disabled
workers" Journal of Human
Resources 38:3 (2003): 618–646. Key reference: 
Baldwin, M., Johnson, W. G. "Dispelling the
myths about work disability" In: Thomason, T., Burton, J. F., Hyatt, D. (eds). New Approaches to
Disability in the Workplace. Madison, WI: 1998 Industrial Relations Research Association
Series, 2001. Key reference: 
Baldwin, M., Choe, C. "Wage
discrimination against workers with sensory disabilities" Industrial
Relations 53 (2014): 101–124. Key reference: 
- Kapteyn, A., Smith, J. P., Van Soest, A. "Vignettes and self reports of work disability in the United States and the Netherlands" American Economic Review 97:1 (2007): 431–473.
- Baldwin, M., Johnson, W. G. "Labor market discrimination against men with disabilities in the year of the ADA" Southern Economic Journal 66:3 (2000): 548-566.
- Banks, J., Blundell, R., Emmerson, C. "Disability benefit receipt and reform: Reconciling trends in the United Kingdom" Journal of Economic Perspectives 29:2 (2015): 173–190.
- Beegle, K., Stock, A. "The labour market effects of disability discrimination laws" Journal of Human Resources XXXVIII (2003): 806–859.
- Benitez-Silva, H., Buchinsky, M., Chan, H. M., Cheidvasser, S., Rust, J. "How large is the bias in self-reported disability?" Journal of Applied Econometrics 19:6 (2004): 649–670.
- Bound, J. "Self-reported versus objective measures of health in retirement models" Journal of Human Resources 26:1 (1991): 106–138.
- DeLeire, T. "The wage and employment effects of the Americans with Disabilities Act" Journal of Human Resources 35 (2000): 693–715.
- Eurostat Employment of Disabled People: Statistical Analysis of the 2011 Labour Force Survey Ad Hoc Module Eurostat Statistical Working Papers, 2015.
- Fevre, R., Nichols, T., Prior, G., Rutherford, I. Fair Treatment at Work Report: Findings from the 2008 Survey. London: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, 2009.
- Johnson, W. G., Lambrinos, J. "Wage discrimination against handicapped men and women" The Journal of Human Resources 20:2 (1985): 264–277.
- Jolly, N. A. "The impact of work-limiting disabilities on earnings and income mobility" Applied Economics 45:36 (2013): 5104–5118.
- Jones, M. "Disability, employment and earnings: An examination of heterogeneity" Applied Economics 43 (2011): 1001–1017.
- Jones, M. K. "Disability and perceptions of work and management" British Journal of Industrial Relations 54:1 (2016): 83–113.
- Jones, M. K., Sloane, P., Parodi, G., Sciulli, D. "Disability and social exclusion" Social Exclusion: Short and Long Term Causes and Consequences. Heidelberg: Physica-Verlang, 2012.
- Koning, P., Lindeboom, M. "The rise and fall of disability insurance enrolment in the Netherlands" Journal of Economic Perspectives 29:2 (2015): 151–172.
- Kruse, D., Schur, L. "Employment of people with disabilities following the ADA" Industrial Relations 42 (2003): 31–64.
- Liebman, J. B. "Understanding the increase in disability insurance benefit receipt in the United States" Journal of Economic Perspectives 29:2 (2015): 123–150.
- Lopez Frutos, E., Vall Castello, J. "Equal health, equal work? The role of disability benefits in employment after controlling for health status" The European Journal of Health Economics 16:3 (2015): 329–340.
- Loprest, P., Maag, E. "The relationship between early disability onset and education and employment" Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation 26 (2007): 49–62.
- Mok, W. K. C., Meyer, B. D., Charles, K. K., Achen, A. C. "A note on the longitudinal structure of earnings losses among work-limited disabled workers" Journal of Human Resources 43:3 (2008): 721–728.
- Oyer, P., Schaeffer, S. "Sorting, quotas, and the Civil Rights Act on 1991: Who hires when it’s hard to fire?" Journal of Law and Economics 45:1 (2002): 41–68.
- Oswald, A. J., Powdthavee, N. "Does happiness adapt? A longitudinal study of disability with implications for economists and judges" Journal of Public Economics 92:5–6 (2008): 1061–1077.
- Pagán, R., Malo, M. A. "Job satisfaction and disability: Lower expectations about jobs or a matter of health?" Spanish Economic Review 11 (2009): 51–74.
- Powdthavee, N. "What happens to people before and after disability? Focusing effects, lead effects, and adaptation in different areas of life" Social Science and Medicine 69 (2009): 1834–1844.
- Riach, P. A., Rich, J. "Field experiments of discrimination in the market place" The Economic Journal 112 (2002): F480–F518.
- Schwochau, S., Blanck, P. "Does the ADA disable the disabled? More comments" Industrial Relations 42:1 (2003): 67–77.
- Wilkins, R. "The effects of disability on labour force status in Australia" The Australian Economic Review 37 (2004): 359–382.
- Wise, D. A. Social Security Programs and Retirement around the World: Historical Trends in Mortality and Health, Employment, and Disability Insurance Participation and Reforms NBER Conference Report, 2012.