- Bates, L. M., Acevedo-Garcia, D., Alegria, M., Krieger, N. "Immigration and generational trends in body mass index and obesity in the United States: Results of the National Latino and Asian American Survey, 2002–2003" American Journal of Public Health 98:1 (2008): 70–77.
- Averett, S., Argys, L. M., Kohn, J. L. "Immigrants, wages and obesity: The weight of the evidence" In: Constant, A. F., Zimmermann, K. F. (eds). International Handbook on the Economics of Migration. Cheltenham, UK, and Northampton, USA: Edward Elgar, 2013.
World Health Organization "Obesity and
overweight", 2015. Key reference: 
OECD "Obesity update
2014", 2014. Key reference: 
UN Department of Economic and Social
Affairs "Trends in
international migrant stock: Migrants by destination and
origin", 2013. Key reference: 
Antecol, H., Bedard, K. "Unhealthy
assimilation: Why do immigrants converge to American health
status levels?" Demography 43:2 (2006): 337–360. Key reference: 
Park, J., Myers, D., Kao, D., Min, S. H. "Immigrant obesity
and unhealthy assimilation: Alternative estimates of convergence
or divergence, 1995–2005" Social Science and
Medicine 69:11 (2009): 1625–1633. Key reference: 
Hao, L., Kim, J. "Immigration and
the American obesity epidemic" International
Migration Review 43:2 (2009): 237–262. Key reference: 
McDonald, J. T., Kennedy, S. "Is migration to
Canada associated with unhealthy weight gain? Overweight and
obesity among Canada’s immigrants" Social Science and
Medicine 61:12 (2007): 2469–2481. Key reference: 
Hauck, K., Hollingsworth, B., Morgan, L. "BMI differences in
1st and 2nd generation immigrants of Asian and European origin
to Australia" Health &
Place 17:1 (2011): 78–85. Key reference: 
Kaushal, N. "Adversaries of
acculturation: Prevalence of obesity among immigrants" Health
Economics 18:3 (2009): 291–301. Key reference: 
Creighton, M. J., Goldman, N., Pebley, A. R., Chung, C. Y. "Durational and
generational differences in Mexican immigrant obesity: Is
acculturation an explanation?" Social Science and
Medicine 75:2 (2012): 300–310. Key reference: 
Averett, S. "Labor market
consequences: Employment, wages, disability, and
absenteeism" In: Cawley, J. (ed). Handbook of the
Social Science of Obesity. New York: Oxford University Press, 2011. Key reference: 
Cawley, J., Han, E., Norton, E. C. "Obesity and labor
market outcomes among legal immigrants to the United States from
developing countries" Economics and
Human Biology 7:2 (2009): 153–164. Key reference: 
Averett, S. L., Argys, L. M., Kohn, J. "Immigration,
obesity and labor market outcomes in the UK" IZA Journal of
Migration 1:2 (2012). Key reference: 
- World Health Organization "Obesity and overweight", 2015.
- Brussaard, J. H., van Erp-Baart, M. A., Brants, H. A. M., Hulshof, K. F. A. M., Lowik, M. R. H. "Nutrition and health among migrants in the Netherlands" Public Health Nutrition 4:2B (2001): 659–664.
- Castellanos, D. C. "Dietary acculturation in Latinos/Hispanics in the United States" American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine 9:1 (2015): 31–36.
- Choi, J. "Prevalence of overweight and obesity among US immigrants: Results of the 2003 New Immigrant Survey" Journal of Immigrant Minority Health 14:6 (2012): 1112–1118.
- Cairney, J., Ostbye, T. "Time since immigration and excess body weight" Canadian Journal of Public Health 90:2 (1999): 120–124.
- Constant, A. M., Zimmermann, K. F. "Migration, ethnicity and economic integration" In: Jovanovich, M. N. (ed). International Handbook of the Economics of Integration Vol. III. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2011.
- Delavari, M., Sonderlund, A. L., Swinburn, B., Mellor, D., Renzaho, A. "Acculturation and obesity among migrant populations in high income countries—A systematic review" BMC Public Health 13 (2013): 458–469.
- de Onis, M., Onyango, A. W., Borghi, E., Siyam, A., Nishida, C., Siekmann, J. "Development of a WHO growth reference for school-aged children and adolescents" Bulletin of the World Health Organization 85 (2007): 660–667.
- Dustmann, C., Glitz, A., Vogel, T. "Employment, wages and the economic cycle: Differences between immigrants and natives" European Economic Review 54:1 (2010): 1–17.
- Jasso, G., Massey, D., Rosenzweig, M., Smith, J. P. "Immigrant health—Selectivity and acculturation" In: Anderson, N., Lulatao, R., Cohen, B. (eds). Critical Perspectives on Racial and Ethnic Differences in Health in Later Life. Washington, DC: National Research Council of the National Academies, 2004.
- Kaplan, M. S., Huguet, N., Newsom, J. T., McFarland, B. H. "The association between length of residence and obesity among Hispanic immigrants" American Journal of Preventive Medicine 27:4 (2004): 323–326.
- Kirchengast, S., Schober, E. "To be an immigrant: A risk factor for developing overweight and obesity during childhood and adolescence?" Journal of Biosocial Science 38:5 (2006): 695–705.
- Klarenbach, S., Padwal, R., Chuck, A., Jacobs, P. "Population-based analysis of obesity and workforce participation" Obesity 14:5 (2006): 920–927.
- Leclere, F., Jensen, L., Biddlecom, A. "Health care utilization, family context, and adaptation among immigrants to the United States" Journal of Health and Social Behavior 35:4 (1994): 370–384.
- Lindeboom, M., Lundborg, P., van der Klaauw, B. Obesity and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from the British NCDS IZA Discussion Paper No.4099, 2009.
- Pérez-Escamilla, R. "Acculturation, nutrition, and health disparities in Latinos" The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 93:5 (2011): 1163S–1167S.
- Perez, C. "Health status and health behavior among immigrants" Health Reports (2002).
- Popkin, B., Udry, J. "Adolescent obesity increases significantly in second and third generation U.S. immigrants: The National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health" Journal of Nutrition 128:4 (1998): 701–706.
- Pagán, J., Dávila, A. "Obesity, occupational attainment, and earnings" Social Science Quarterly 78:3 (1997): 756–770.
- Sanou, D., O’Reilly, E., Ngnie-Teta, I., Batal, M., Mondain, N., Andrew, C., Newbold, B. K., Bourgeault, I. K. "Acculturation and nutritional health of immigrants in Canada: A scoping review" Journal of Immigrant Minority Health 16:1 (2014): 24–34.
- Tremblay, M. S., Bryan, S. N., Perez, C. E., Ardern, C. I., Katzmarzyk, P. T. "Physical activity and immigrant status: Evidence from the Canadian Community Health Survey" Canadian Journal of Public Health 97:4 (2006): 277–282.
- Wolf, A. M., Colditz, G. A. "Current estimates of the economic cost of obesity in the United States" Obesity Research 6:2 (1998): 97–106.