Tonin, M., Vlasspoulos, M. "Corporate
philanthropy and productivity: Evidence from an online real
effort experiment" Management
Science 61:8 (2015): 1795–1811. Key reference: 
CECP Giving in Numbers:
2014 Edition. New York: Committee Encouraging Corporate
Philanthropy, 2014. Key reference: 
Tonin, M., Vlasspoulos, M. "Disentangling the
sources of pro-socially motivated effort: A field
experiment" Journal of Public
Economics 94:11–12 (2010): 1086–1092. Key reference: 
Carpenter, J. P., Gong, E. "Motivating agents:
How much does the mission matter?" Journal of Labor
Economics 34:1 (2016): 211–236. Key reference: 
Stites, J. P., Michael, J. H. "Organizational
commitment in manufacturing employees: Relationships with
corporate social performance" Business &
Society 50:1 (2011): 50–70. Key reference: 
Evans, W. R., Davis, W. D. "An examination of
perceived corporate citizenship, job applicant attraction, and
CSR work role definition" Business &
Society 50:3 (2011): 456–480. Key reference: 
Dur, R., Zoutenbier, R. "Working for a good
Administration Review 74:2 (2014): 144–155. Key reference: 
Buurman, M., Delfgaauw, J., Dur, R., Van den
Bossche, S. "Public sector
employees: Risk averse and altruistic?" Journal of
Economic Behavior & Organization 83:3 (2012): 279–291. Key reference: 
Tonin, M., Vlassopoulos, M. "Are public sector
workers different? Cross-European evidence from elderly workers
and retirees" IZA Journal of
Labor Economics 4:1 (2015). Key reference: 
Dal Bó, E., Finan, F., Rossi, M. A. "Strengthening
state capabilities: The role of financial incentives in the call
to public service" The Quarterly
Journal of Economics 128:3 (2013): 1169–1218. Key reference: 
Ashraf, N., Bandiera, O., Lee, S. S. Do-gooders and
Go-getters: Career Incentives, Selection, and Performance in
Public Service Delivery HBS Working
Paper No.3, 2014-05. Key reference: 
Hanna, R., Wang, S. Y. Dishonesty and
Selection into Public Service NBER Working
Paper No.19649, 2013. Key reference: 
Banuri, S., Keefer, P. Intrinsic
Motivation, Effort and the Call to Public Service World Bank
Policy Research Working Paper No.6729, 2013. Key reference: 
- Tonin, M., Vlasspoulos, M. "Corporate philanthropy and productivity: Evidence from an online real effort experiment" Management Science 61:8 (2015): 1795–1811.
- Akerlof, G., Kranton, R. "Identity and the economics of organizations" Journal of Economic Perspectives 19:1 (2005): 9–32.
- Benabou, R., Tirole, J. "Individual and corporate social responsibility" Economica 77:305 (2010): 1–19.
- Brekke, K., Nyborg, K. "Attracting responsible employees: Green production as labor market screening" Resource and Energy Economics 30:4 (2008): 509–526.
- Casadesus-Masanell, R., Crooke, M., Reinhardt, F., Vasishth, V. "Households' willingness to pay for green goods: Evidence from Patagonia's introduction of organic cotton sportswear" Journal of Economics and Management Strategy 18:1 (2009): 203–233.
- Elfenbein, D. W., McManus, B. "A greater price for a greater good? Evidence that consumers pay more for charity-linked products" American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 2:2 (2010): 28–60.
- Delfgaauw, J., Dur, R. "Incentives and workers' motivation in the public sector" Economic Journal 118:525 (2008): 171–191.
- Fehrler, S., Kosfeld, M. "Pro-social missions and worker motivation: An experimental study" Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 100:4 (2014): 99–110.
- Gneezy, A., Gneezy, U., Nelson, L. D., Brown, A. "Shared social responsibility: A field experiment in Pay-What-You-Want pricing and charitable giving" Science 329:5989 (2010): 325–327.
- Grant, A., Berg, J. "Prosocial motivation at work: When, why, and how making a difference makes a difference" In: Cameron, K., Spreitzer, G. (eds). Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Gregg, P., Grout, P. A., Ratclife, A., Smith, S., Windmeijer, F. "How important is pro-social behaviour in the delivery of public services?" Journal of Public Economics 95:7–8 (2011): 758–766.
- Imas, A. "Working for the warm glow: On the benefits and limits of prosocial incentives" Journal of Public Economics 114:C (2014): 14–18.
- Koppel, H., Regner, T. "Corporate social responsibility in the work place: Experimental evidence on CSR from a gift-exchange game" Experimental Economics 17:3 (2014): 347–370.
- Perry, J. L., Hondeghem, A., Wise, L. R. "Revisiting the motivational bases of public service: Twenty years of research and an agenda for the future" Public Administration Review 70:5 (2010): 681–690.
- Prendergast, C. "The limits of bureaucratic efficiency" Journal of Political Economy 111:5 (2003): 929–958.
- Prendergast, C. "The motivation and bias of bureaucrats" The American Economic Review 97:1 (2007): 180–196.