- Barsade, S., Gibson, D. E. "Why does affect matter in organizations?" Academy of Management Perspectives 21:1 (2007): 36–59.
- Isen, A. M. "Some ways in which positive affect influences decision making and problem solving" In: Lewis, M., Haviland, J. M. (eds). Handbook of Emotions. New York: The Guilford Press, 2000.
McGregor, J. "Why great places
to work can also make great investments" The Washington
Post, 2015-03-11. Key reference: 
Isen, A. M., Reeve, J. "The influence of
positive affect on intrinsic and extrinsic motivation:
Facilitating enjoyment of play, responsible work behavior, and
self-control" Motivation and
Emotion 29:4 (2005): 295–323. Key reference: 
Erez, A., Isen, A. M. "The influence of
positive affect on the components of expectancy
motivation" Journal of Applied
Psychology 87:6 (2002): 1055–1067. Key reference: 
Wright, T. A., Staw, B. A. "Affect and
favorable work outcomes: Two longitudinal tests of the
happy-productive worker thesis" Journal of
Organizational Behavior 20:1 (1999): 1–23. Key reference: 
Amabile, T. M., Barsade, S. G., Mueller, J. S., Staw, B. M. "Affect and
creativity at work" Administrative
Science Quarterly 50:3 (2005): 367–403. Key reference: 
Argyle, M. "Do happy workers
work harder? The effect of job satisfaction on job
performance" In: Veenhoven, R. (ed). How Harmful is
Happiness? Consequences of Enjoying Life or Not. Rotterdam: Universitaire Pers, 1989. Key reference: 
Boehm, J. K., Lyubomirsky, S. "Does happiness
promote career success?" Journal of Career
Assessment 16:1 (2008): 101–116. Key reference: 
Sanna, L. J., Turley, K. J., Mark, M. M. "Expected
evaluation, goals, and performance: Mood as input" Personality and
Social Psychology Bulletin 22:4 (1996): 323–335. Key reference: 
Bockerman, P., Ilmakunnas, P. "The job
satisfaction-productivity nexus: A study using matched survey
and register data" Industrial and
Labor Relations Review 65:2 (2012): 244–262. Key reference: 
De Neve, J., Oswald, A. J. "Estimating the
influence of life satisfaction and positive affect on later
income using sibling fixed effects" Proceedings of the
National Academy of Sciences of the United States of
America 109:49 (2012): 19953–19958. Key reference: 
Benabou, R., Tirole, J. "Self-confidence
and personal motivation" Quarterly Journal
of Economics 117:3 (2002): 871–915. Key reference: 
Gneezy, U., Rustichini, A. "Pay enough or
don’t pay at all" Quarterly Journal
of Economics 115:3 (2000): 791–810. Key reference: 
Oswald, A., Proto, E., Sgroi, D. "Happiness and
productivity" Journal of Labor
Economics 33:4 (2015): 789–822. Key reference: 
- McGregor, J. "Why great places to work can also make great investments" The Washington Post, 2015-03-11.
- Benabou, R., Tirole, J. "Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation" Review of Economic Studies 70:3 (2003): 489–520.
- Bewley, T. Why Wages Don’t Fall during a Recession. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2002.
- Business in the Community Healthy People = Healthy Profits. London: Business in the Community, 2009.
- Compte, O., Postlewaite, A. "Confidence-enhanced performance" American Economic Review 94:5 (2004): 1536–1557.
- Dickinson, D. L. "An experimental examination of labor supply and work intensities" Journal of Labor Economics 17:4 (1999): 638–670.
- Edmans, A. "The link between job satisfaction and firm value, with implications for corporate social responsibility" Academy of Management Perspectives 26:4 (2012): 1–19.
- Isen, A. M., Shalker, T. E., Clark, M., Karp, L. "Affect, accessibility of material in memory, and behaviour: A cognitive loop?" Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 36:1 (1978): 1–12.
- Isen, A. M., Simmonds, S. "The effect of feeling good on a helping task that is incompatible with good mood" Social Psychology Quarterly 41:1 (1978): 346–349.
- Segal, C. "Working when no-one is watching: Motivation, test scores, and economic success" Management Science 58:8 (2012): 1438–1457.
- Teasdale, J. D., Fogarty, S. J. "Differential effects of induced mood on retrieval of pleasant and unpleasant events from episodic memory" Journal of Abnormal Psychology 88:3 (1979): 248–257.