Monk, C., Sandefur, J., Teal, F. Does Doing an Apprenticeship Pay Off?
Evidence from Ghana CSAE Working Paper No.
WPS/2008-08, 2008. Key reference: 
Neuman, S., Ziderman, A. "Vocational secondary schools can be more
cost-effective than academic schools: The case of Israel" Comparative Education 25:2 (1989): 151–163. Key reference: 
Moenjak, T., Worswick, C. "Vocational education in Thailand: A study
of choice and returns" Economics of Education Review 22:1 (2003): 99–107. Key reference: 
Kahyarara, G., Teal, F. "The returns to vocational training and
academic education: Evidence from Tanzania" World Development 36:11 (2008): 2223–2242. Key reference: 
Adams, A. V., de Silva, S. J., Razmara, S. Improving Skills Development in the
Informal Sector: Strategies for Sub-Saharan Africa. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2013. Key reference: 
Brooks, K. M., Fox, M. L., Goyal, A., Mengistae, T. A., Premand, P., Ringold, D., Sharma, S., Zorya, S. Youth Employment in Sub-Saharan
Africa. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2014. Key reference: 
Bigsten, A., Wambugu, A. "Kenyan labour market challenges" In: Adam, C. S., Collier, P., Ndung’u, N. (eds). Kenya: Policies for Prosperity. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. Key reference: 
Haywood, L., Teal, F. "Employment, unemployment, joblessness and
incomes in Nigeria, 1999–2006" In: Treichel, V. (ed). Nigeria: Employment and Growth
Study. Washington, DC: World Bank Africa Region, 2010. Key reference: 
Frazer, G. "Learning the master’s trade:
Apprenticeship and human capital in Ghana" Journal of Development Economics 81:2 (2006): 259–298. Key reference: 
Rosholm, M., Nielsen, H. S., Dabalen, A. "Evaluation of training in African
enterprises" Journal of Development Economics 84:1 (2007): 310–329. Key reference: 
Blattman, C., Fiala, N., Martinez, S. "Generating skilled self-employment in
developing countries: Experimental evidence from Uganda" The Quarterly Journal of Economics 29:2 (2014): 697–752. Key reference: 
Hicks, J. H., Kremer, M., Mbiti, I., Miguel, E. Vocational Education Voucher Delivery and
Labor Market Returns: A Randomized Evaluation Among Kenyan Youth. Washington, DC: World Bank Spanish Impact Evaluation Fund, 2011. Key reference: 
Cho, Y., Kalomba, D., Mobarak, A. M., Orozco, V., Wolfson, D. Gender Differences in the Effects of
Vocational Training: Constraints on Women and Drop-out Behavior World Bank Policy Research Working
Paper No.6545, 2013. Key reference: 
- Monk, C., Sandefur, J., Teal, F. Does Doing an Apprenticeship Pay Off? Evidence from Ghana CSAE Working Paper No. WPS/2008-08, 2008.
- Buchert, L. Education in the Development of Tanzania, 1919–1990. Athens, OH: Ohio University Press, 1994.
- Ferej, A., Kitainge, K., Ooko, Z. Reform of TVET Teacher Education in Kenya: Overcoming the Challenges of Quality and Relevance. Tunis: Triennale on Education and Training in Africa, 2012.
- Fersterer, J., Pischke, J. S., Winter-Ebmer, R. "Returns to apprenticeship training in Austria: Evidence from failed firms" Scandinavian Journal of Economics 110:4 (2008): 733–753.
- Ghana Statistical Service Report on the 1984 Population and Housing Census. Accra, Ghana: National Statistical Service, 1984.
- Ghana Statistical Service Demographic, Health and Economic Characteristics: Report on the 2000 Population and Housing Census. Accra, Ghana: National Statistical Service, 2005.
- Heckman, J. J., Lochner, L. J., Todd, P. E. "Earnings functions, rates of return, and treatment effects: The Mincer equation and beyond" In: Hanushek, E. A., Welch, F. (eds). Handbook of the Economics of Education, Volume 1. Amsterdam, Netherlands: North-Holland, 2006.
- House, W. J., Ikiara, G. K., McCormick, D. The Promotion of Self-Employment and Small Scale Enterprises in Urban Kenya: A Case Study World Employment Programme Research, Labour Market Analysis and Employment Planning Working Paper No.45, 1990.
- Malamud, O., Pop-Eleches, C. "General education versus vocational training: Evidence from an economy in transition" The Review of Economics and Statistics 92:1 (2010): 43–60.
- Psacharopoulos, G. "Returns to investment in education: A global update" World Development 22:9 (1994): 1325–1343.
- Söderbom, M., Teal, F., Wambugu, A., Kahyarara, G. "The dynamics of returns to education in Kenyan and Tanzanian manufacturing" Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 68:3 (2006): 261–396.
- Velenchik, A. "Apprenticeship contracts, small enterprises, and credit markets in Ghana" World Bank Economic Review 9:3 (1995): 451–475.
- World Bank Priorities and Strategies for Education. World Bank Sector Review. Washington, DC: World Bank Education and Social Policy Department, 1995.