The 2022 Annual Meeting will be held on January 7-9, 2022 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). In light of the recent surge in hospitalizations due to COVID-19 and rapid spread of the Delta variant, the Association’s Executive Committee has decided that ASSA 2022 will be an all-virtual event.
The AEA, in conjunction with 64 associations in related disciplines known as the Allied Social Science Associations (ASSA), holds a three-day meeting each January to present papers on general economics topics.
Over 13,000 of the best minds in economics are assembled to network and celebrate new achievements in economic research:
- Program: Offers in-depth coverage of economics topics across many disciplines via hundreds of speakers and panels.
- Job Interviews: The concurrent economics job fair brings together thousands of job-seekers and recruiting companies in pre-registered interview sessions.
- Special Events: The Presidential Address, award presentations, lectures, and many networking opportunities are also part of the experience.
- Proceedings: The American Economic Association publishes a Papers and Proceedings edition in May highlighting selected papers from the meeting, and a limited number of sessions are featured on webcasts.
- Exhibit Hall: Meet representatives offering specialized products and services serving economists and those in related disciplines.
ASSA is the premier event to expose your work with colleagues and hear about the latest research emerging in the field. Economists from around the world take advantage of this unique opportunity to share, collaborate, and learn…all in one place.
Schedule (Eastern Time)
Times have been adjusted this year for the virtual format.
10:00 am – 12:00 pm -- Sessions
12:15 pm – 2:15 pm -- Sessions
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm -- Events
3:45 pm – 5:45 pm -- Sessions
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm -- Events
Registration is now open
. Feel free to register at your convenience this year, in the absence of the usual rush for preferred hotel accommodations.
You can find the program for the 2022 Annual Meeting here