References for Is unconditional basic income a viable alternative to other social welfare measures?
- Atkinson, A. B. Public Economics in Action: The Basic Income/Flat Tax Proposal. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1996.
- Standing, G. The Precariat: The New Dangerous Class. London: Bloomsbury Academic, 2011.
- Van Parijs, P. Real Freedom for All: What (if Anything) can Justify Capitalism?. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1997.
Bryan, J. "Have the 1996 welfare reforms and
expansion of the earned income tax credit eliminated the need for a basic income
guarantee in the US?" Review of Social Economy 63:4 (2005): 595–611. Key reference: 
Handler, J. F., Babcock, A. S. "The failure of workfare: Another
reason for a basic income guarantee." Basic Income Studies 1:1 (2006): 1–22. Key reference: 
Atkinson, A. B. Basic Income: Ethics, Statistics
and Economics. Oxford: Nuffield College, 2011. Key reference: 
Standing, G. "Responding to the crisis: Economic
stabilization grants." Policy & Politics 39:1 (2011): 9–25. Key reference: 
Colombino, U., Narazani, E. "Designing a universal income
support mechanism for Italy: An exploratory tour." Basic Income Studies 8:1 (2013): 1–17. Key reference: 
Colombino, U. Five Crossroads on the Way to
Basic Income: An Italian Tour IZA Discussion
Paper No.8087, 2014. Key reference: 
Widerquist, K. "A failure to communicate: What (if
anything) can we learn from the negative income tax experiments?" Journal of Socio-Economics 34:1 (2005): 49–81. Key reference: 
Scutella, R. Moves to a Basic Income-Flat Tax
System in Australia: Implications for the Distribution of Income and Supply of
Labour Melbourne Institute of
Applied Economic and Social Research Working
Paper No.wp2004n05, 2004. Key reference: 
Clavet, N., Duclos, J., Lacroix, G. Fighting Poverty: Assessing the
Effect of Guaranteed Minimum Income Proposals in Quèbec IZA Discussion
Paper No.7283, 2013. Key reference: 
Horstschräer, J., Clauss, M., Schnabel, R. An Unconditional Basic Income in
the Family Context: Labor Supply and Distributional Effects ZEW Center for European
Economic Research Discussion
Paper No.10-091, 2010. Key reference: 
Stevans, L. K. "Income inequality and economic
incentives: Is there an equity-efficiency trade-off?" Research in Economics 66:2 (2012): 149–160. Key reference: 
Aaberge, R., Colombino, U., Strøm, S. "Do more equal slices shrink the
cake? An empirical investigation of tax-transfer reform proposals in
Italy." Journal of Population
Economics 17:4 (2004): 767–785. Key reference: 
- Bryan, J. "Have the 1996 welfare reforms and expansion of the earned income tax credit eliminated the need for a basic income guarantee in the US?" Review of Social Economy 63:4 (2005): 595–611.
- Aaberge, R., Colombino, U. "Using a microeconometric model of household labour supply to design optimal income taxes." Scandinavian Journal of Economics 115:2 (2013): 449–475.
- Aaberge, R., Colombino, U. "Labour supply models." In: O’Donoghue, C. (ed). Handbook of Microsimulation Modelling. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2014.
- Ackerman, B., Alstott, A., van Parijs, P. Redesigning Distribution: Basic Income and Stakeholder Grants as Alternative Cornerstones for a More Egalitarian Capitalism. New York: Verso, 2006.
- Blattman, C., Fiala, N., Martinez, S. Employment Generation in Rural Africa: Mid-Term Results from an Experimental Evaluation of the Youth Opportunities Program in Northern Uganda DIW Berlin Discussion Paper No.1201, 2012.
- Hughes, J. J. "A strategic opening for a basic income guarantee in the global crisis created by AI, robots, desktop manufacturing and biomedicine." Journal of Evolution and Technology 24:1 (2014): 45–61.
- Krugman, P. "Sympathy for the Luddites." The New York Times, 2013-06-13.
- Imbens, G., Rubin, D., Sacerdote, B. Estimating the Effect of Unearned Income on Labor Supply, Earnings, Savings and Consumption: Evidence from a Survey of Lottery Players NBER Working Paper No.7001, 1999.
- Maag, E., Chakravarti, R., Quakenbush, C. "How marginal tax rates affect families at various levels of poverty." National Tax Journal 65:4 (2012): 759–782.
- Marchant, G. E., Stevens, Y. A., Hennessy, J. M. "Technology, unemployment & policy options: Navigating the transition to a better world." Journal of Evolution and Technology 24:1 (2014): 26–44.
- Marx, A., Peeters, H. "An unconditional basic income and labor supply: Results from a pilot study of lottery winners." The Journal of Socio-Economics 37:4 (2008): 1636−1659.
- Pasma, C. "Basic income programs and pilots." . Calgary, Canada: Basic Income Canada Network, 2014.
- Sachs, J. D., Kotlikoff, L. J. Smart Machines and Long-Term Misery NBER Working Paper No.18629, 2012.
- Spence, M. "Globalization and unemployment: The downside of integrating markets." Foreign Affairs, 2011-07.