References for Gender quotas on boards of directors
European Commission Women in Economic
Decision-Making in the EU: Progress Report. Luxembourg: European Commission, 2012. Key reference: 
Ferreira, D. "Board
diversity" In: Anderson, R., Baker, H. K. (eds). Corporate
Governance. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2010. Key reference: 
Adams, R. B., Ferreira, D. "Women in the
boardroom and their impact on governance and performance" Journal of Financial
Economics 94 (2009): 291–309. Key reference: 
Ahern, K. R., Dittmar, A. "The changing of the
boards: The impact on firm valuation of mandated female board
representation" Quarterly Journal of
Economics 127:1 (2012): 137–197. Key reference: 
Nielsen, S., Huse, M. "Women directors’
contribution to board decision-making and strategic involvement:
The role of equality perception" European Management
Review 7:1 (2010): 16–29. Key reference: 
Catalyst The Bottom Line:
Connecting Corporate Performance and Gender Diversity. New York: Catalyst, 2012. Key reference: 
McKinsey & Company Women Matter—Women
at the Top of Corporations: Making it Happen. New York: McKinsey & Company, 2010. Key reference: 
Smith, N., Smith, V., Verner, M. "Do women in top
management affect firm performance? A panel study of 2,500
Danish firms" International
Journal of Productivity and Performance Management 55:7 (2006): 569–593. Key reference: 
Matsa, D., Miller, A. "A female style in
corporate leadership? Evidence from quotas" American Economic
Journal: Applied Economics 5:3 (2013): 136–169. Key reference: 
Dale-Olsen, H., Schøne, P., Verner, M. "Diversity among
directors—The impact on performance of a quota for women on
company boards" Feminist
Economics 19:4 (2013): 110–135. Key reference: 
- European Commission Women in Economic Decision-Making in the EU: Progress Report. Luxembourg: European Commission, 2012.
- Bertrand, M., Goldin, C., Katz, L. F. "Dynamics of the gender gap for young professionals in the corporate and financial sectors" American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 2:3 (2010): 228–255.
- Bøhren, Ø., Staubo, S. Changing organizational form to avoid regulatory constraints: The effect of mandatory gender balance in the board room. Oslo: Norwegian Business School, 2012.
- European Union Database on Gender Equality in Largest Listed Companies. Luxembourg: European Union, 2013.
- Gupta, N., Smith, N., Verner, M. "The impact of Nordic countries’ family-friendly policies on employment, wages, and children" Review of Economics of the Household 6:1 (2008): 65–89.
- Terjesen, S., Sealy, R., Singh, V. "Women directors on corporate boards: A review and research agenda" Corporate Governance 17:3 (2009): 320–337.